Square Enix | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Square Enix

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jonathan27, Aug 14, 2012.

1. You can't even level up in 13.

2. You don't really level up in X either, but the Sphere Grid was brilliant so no matter.

3. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Levelling up in 12 was a nightmare I found.

4. XIII's Crystarium is a spiritual successor to the Sphere Grid! I loved it. Lightning and Fang were absolute powerhouses towards the end of the game. It's been a while since I played, but I think my usual team consisted of Lightning, Fang and Hope, with Vanille or Sazh switched in if I needed buffs/debuffs for a battle.

Jonathan27, I hope you enjoy it when you play it. You should totally pick it up, it's probably quite cheap now.

5. One of the reasons I stopped playing.

mi|kshake~

6. I'm intending to purchase a Playstation 3 around Christmas time, and XIII and XIII-2 will be the first two games I buy, for sure. You've done an awesome job of solidifying my faith in it, haha!

Also, semi-Final Fantasy related, but does anyone know if Kingdom Hearts 3 is confirmed for PS3 or if they're pushing it to the next system? If it's the latter, I will be incredibly pissed.

7. I haven't heard Kingdom Hearts 3 being confirmed at all, but I'm a bit out of the loop. Stopped paying attention to the Kingdom Hearts releases after all the spinoffs on various handheld consoles.

mi|kshake~

8. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

They are being complete dicks for the past few years. "As soon as FFXII is finished, work will commence", then it became 13 and then Versus 13 which has apparently been pushed back further/almost cancelled so God only knows what the hell they're up to.

I'm very annoyed. Final Fantasy doesn't need 100 spin off's, especially XIII. Leave it at one game and make the damn sequel already! Nobody gives that much of a fuck about that storyline, what are they smoking?

9. I don't really understand it either. I mean, they aren't even making sequels for the most successful games, so it's baffling why they would continue to make spin-offs for the most polarizing entry in the series. It's like they're trying to get fans back by fixing things with each XIII spinoff, but anyone who didn't like XIII has jumped ship like RJF said he did. They need to give up on it, get things with XIV in order while making Kingdom Hearts 3. Then create XV and have it be the next VII or X in terms of greatness.

10. IV is my favorite Final Fantasy game ever. I loooved the story and the characters, and the soundtrack was amazing as well.

So glad to see V getting some love in this thread. It's probably my 2nd favorite Final Fantasy. Love the soundtrack for that as well!

11. OK so I just got a PS3 for my Birthday, yay, but I'm wondering which is the best Final Fantasy for it in peoples opinions? I don't really know anything about the series after the PS2. (In my fantasy world they would remake X and X-2....)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  12. Rmx

Rmx

Well for the PS3 there's only XIII and XIII-2, so I guess you'd best start with XIII.

13. Oh, derp. I didn't even know!

14. hazzie can't play PS2 games on PS3? If so, start with X, for sure. But VII can be downloaded from the Playstation Network, so that's generally considered the 'best' one.

15. One of the things I don't like about VIII is that you can't level grind. (I think it's fun.)

16. I wasn't a big fan of XIII at all, and I had no plans to buy XIII-2... but I saw it in Tesco for £9.21 so I couldn't resist. It seems quite good so far, but I feel like I'm going to get bored of it soon. Serah is quite irritating. I can't wait until the FFX HD remaster is redone, I haven't played X for a long time. It'd be amazing if Square Enix were to remake VII-IX, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

17. You totally can. I always obtain 100 of whatever spell becomes available for everyone and junction it. Along with getting Diablos super quickly and mastering most of your GF abilities, you can become way more uber than you need to be very quickly.

18. RJF

RJF

You're a man after my own Final Fantasy heart, miklc.

19. I didn't fully appreciate the junction system in VIII until I watched a Let's Play of it recently. I haven't played VIII in about 10 years, I really should try it again.

20. It kind of renders spellcasting obsolete though. Like for every ultima you potentially cast you can visibly see your strength going down. The thing that really "breaks" the game though is Aura + Lionheart.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.