Square Enix | Page 421 | The Popjustice Forum

Square Enix

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jonathan27, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Has anyone played Tactics Ogre Reborn yet? Thinking of picking it up soon since I love the original (and FFT franchise in general), but my current backlog is already massive so idk if it's worth waiting for a sale.

codecat and soratami like this.
  2. I picked it up mostly just to have it on my switch and not just a PSP emu*****, and I’m really enjoying the slight tweaks they’ve made to it. It’s mostly small stuff but it adds up to making it feel overall a lot more user friendly with an improved QOL. Still one of the best games in its genre in any incarnation tbh.

3. I really want to, in the same boat. I'll grab it when it's on sale sometime next year.

It really seems like they fixed every issue I had with systems/clunk on the PSP version (especially the leveling). Very impressed that they really rebalanced and fixed things and didn't just throw it onto Steam. It's a story that still feels very fresh even in 2022 and it's so great for it to be even more accessible to more people (with the wrinkles ironed out).

4. I’m tempted by Octopath Traveler but how is a 4 year old game still so expensive?!

DoggySwami likes this.
  5. I actually up until this very second assumed it was still so highly priced on the Switch because Nintendo co-published it or something (and then was just going to blame the Nintendo Tax™️). That doesn't seem to be the case!

That is pretty weird for a Square Enix game, considering it went multiplatform with PC and Xbox releases later on!

Wishlight and Lander like this.
  6. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Aghhh this makes me so mad I feel like I wasted $60 on Sonic Frontiers (its fine.) because I have been dog sitting all week at a friend's house and desperately needed a new game to pass the time and now I want Tactics Ogre.

aaronhansome and thommyh like this.

7. god this pops off.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

I am free again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until next tier....

9. Random but I would love another Ivalice Alliance umbrella game

10. Is Tactics Ogre Reborn a lot like Triangle Strategy? I've never played a Tactics Ogre game before but it seems fairly similar.

11. I snagged a copy of Triangle Strategy for £32 on eBay, seems like general opinion is that it’s pretty good?

soratami likes this.
  12. It's more like Final Fantasy Tactics than Triangle Strategy. FFT is almost a 1:1 successor of Tactics Ogre because most of the Tactics Ogre team made it.

It's got a more free-form class system than Triangle Strategy, with less unique units since you can select a unit's class and equipment.

Story is similarly intensely political, although maybe slightly more balanced between Gameplay and Story segments than Triangle is. Also has branching story paths like Triangle Strategy!

soratami likes this.
  13. This launch trailer is the one that is tempering my expectations the most. While the graphic and gameplay overhaul is phenomenal, it is still a PSP game at heart with the same bizarre story beats. Still planning to get it day one, but I have a better idea of what I'm getting.

aaronhansome likes this.
  14. If they they will leave everything exactly as it was, there is one particular scene that was a total retcon to the original game, I wonder if they will keep it in the Remake as well. I bet we will see added post-credits scene though, like a teaser or something.

15. I've finally gotten around to playing the golden route in Triangle Strategy, and the difficult spike for the final missions is real ddd.

Granted I've only leveled up like half of the entire squad, so forcing you to use every single character... sly and genious. I'm really enjoying it though, the grinding goes quickly and it's fun utilizing your entire squad.

Petty Mayonnaise, Lander and soratami like this.
  16. I'm mad I missed the steam sale on Triangle Strategy. I'll wait for it to go on sale again but I want to pick it up.

Lander likes this.
  17. I’m currently on chapter 3 of Triangle Strategy. I’m enjoying the storyline setup so far, I think I read previously in this thread that the gameplay picks up right?

soratami likes this.
  18. Edit: wrong thread.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.