I took a risk by opening up that spoiler tag. Good thing you didn't reveal much haha. It sounds great though. The strict restriction on healing items kind of strikes fear into my heart. I'm not that good at action RPGs but I refuse to use those rings. Having played all but the first three NES entries and the MMOs, I have too much Final Fantasy pride to play on anything but action.My copy of FF16 arrived on Friday. I love it so far. I definitely see why people would compare it to Game of Thrones but honestly, battle for the crystals has always been a theme of FF so that is nothing new. The only new thing is the mature elements. Some thougts.
- the characters are so well fleshed out, Cid is amazing. Benedikta is also very interesting, especially later on.
- I got the 2nd Eikon abilities and its very cool you can switch between them in combat. I do wonder if Clive will get Cure eventually because you have only a few potions so far and Torgal's healing abilities are low.
- fighting in general is great, even with non-boss fights it is fun. But bosses though, amazing. Fighting Benedikta was so cool.
- I find it hilarious I suck more fighting as Ifrit than as Clive but Eikon battles are truly epic.
- I was shocked at the scene where Benedikta beheads some peasent and its shown in such a way that the camera angles rolls from a head's POV. I never thought we would see this in a FF game.