Square Enix | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Square Enix

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jonathan27, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I always wondered why Selphie out of all people was granted with The End. But then, I just prefer it when the limit breaks have some connection to the storyline/characters' personalities.

2. I've never used the end. What's the point? But then, I've never successfully beat Omega Weapon either.

3. I really loved that about her character. It was kind of ironic how this sweet girl had basically the most devastating limit break. I do wonder why she was included in Kingdom Hearts but Rinoa was left out. That seems like the weirdest decision to me.

4. RJF

RJF

Because Selphie's nature as a total non-character made her perfect for filling in a rather useless role in Kingdom Hearts?

I won't start on my VIII hate again... Maybe.

"We're fighting Galbadia. No, we're fighting a sorceress. What's a sorceress? A descendant of Hyne? What's-? OH! Wait! It's a different sorceress. FROM THE FUTURE."

Sorry.

5. Selphie is adorable and has more personality in her yellow dress than the entire cast of Final Fantasy VIII.

[​IMG]

Edit: And she kinda looks like Carly Rae Jepsen, I just realized...

6. Some of the inclusions in Kingdom Hearts were a bit weird. They castrated poor Seifer.

7. RJF

RJF

I wish they had had Seifer join you after the second disc rather than drive him even deeper into irredeemable situations. He was more developed than any other character outside Squall and Rinoa.

8. I agree. I mean, he's on the cover! The game really could have been those three as the main members of the party, with the others being temporary members so that the party always consisted of four people.

9. No, Quistis is a badass and must always be included!

10. A strong argument could be made for Quistis, for sure.

11. RJF

RJF

They started out well with Quistis, but after the graduation ball it gets thrown to the side.

12. Rmx

Rmx

Right, I caved in and bought Final Fantasy VII PC. It's downloading right now. It's been years since I played it partially, and I guess as a Final Fantasy fan I really have to play through the whole game! Besides, I think I only got to Disc 2 because that disc was damaged. So that's not far at all! I'm quite excited! It's a shame the plot twist is so well-known, would've been nice being surprised but I don't know any other details so I hope I'll enjoy the story!

13. Agreed! She's one of the best things about VIII.

14. For fuck's sake! No-one cares! Make a new better one already.

15. Yeah, it seems to me like they're only at risk for losing more fans the more they drag out this XIII business. It's the most divisive entry since VIII, probably more so, actually, and while I think the consensus is that Lightning is one of the best moments of the game (practically series, now), I don't think they need to keep expanding upon it.

In other news, I'm currently 9 hours into V, and while it's good, it's suffering from the fact I played VII and VI right before it. I'm ready to get to the renowned IV.

16. I know - get on with a new Final Fantasy. Lightning is one of my least favourite characters so I'm not exactly excited by a game starring her.

What's with the price drop on XIII-2 anyway? I was considering buying it at one point but after hearing that moogle speak, I couldn't! Most.irritating.voice.ever. Ain't got nothing on Stiltzkin!

I'm sure you'll enjoy VII's story Rmx. That plot twist isn't even my favourite part of the story.

mi|kshake~

17. Okay, slightly random, but I'm gradually beginning to genuinely dislike V. I'm about 2/3 through it, and it's actually a struggle to muster the motivation to play it. The plot is predictable, the characters are thin, the battle system is just overrated enough to not make up for the flaws, and it involves more level grinding than I'm willing to do.

There's no chance in hell XIII is going to be worse than this. At least that one will be nice to look at.

18. I'm currently plowing through VII (on more muscle memory than is acceptable in some parts), and I'm wondering, is it time to delve into the extended universe stuff? I've never even seen Advent Children to be honest, despite actually buying it yonks ago. Is it worth my time looking at the other stuff? Or am I better off just remembering the game on it's own?

19. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.