Squid Game | The Popjustice Forum

Squid Game

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Macsun, Sep 29, 2021.

1. I think it deserves its own thread since I can't fathom how Netflix wouldn't create a second season. It's the best of Alice In Bordeland and the great ensemble of LOST all roled into one. Episode 6 had me bawling my eyes out. I'm saving the other 3 episodes for tomorrow.

2. This show is amazing. I went into it not expecting much but it definitely surpassed my expectations.

My favourite part of the show is how unpredictable it is.

3. The sixth episode was the most brutal episode in series i have seen in a long time. I was teary eyed the second it was announced that the pairs were gonna fight with each other.

They were gonna go to Jeju Island..

4. I absolutely loved it.

There were some weak moments (the English actors and script were atrocious) and I didn't particularly love the ending

but overall the acting, set design, pace of it was fantastic.

5. NO ONE WATCH THIS DUBBED!!!

blod, Laurence, LPT and 11 others like this.
  6. The dubbing really pulls you out of it

7. I intend to move onto this right after Midnight Mass

8. This is pretty good! Glad someone mentioned Alice in Wonderland as it's very similar. Super hyped at its success!

9. We started watching it yesterday and I'm intrigued to continue. The only problem is that my husband refuses to watch it in original language - and that's a huge one. It's so strange because I do come from a non-English speaking country, so I am used to watching dubbed programs, but English dubs are always sooo messed up. Especially if they are shouting or expressing any emotion, it sounds like they are deliberately trying to keep down the volume in the recording studio, or I don't know.

WowWowWowWow, Andrew and Uno like this.
  10. This has way more depth than Alice In Borderlands. I know why people compare the both of them but this has more stakes, fleshed out characters and storylines than that one which was basically all about a very cliched anime story wrapped around the games.

WowWowWowWow, Duppe and Macsun like this.
  11. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Oh girls...... episode 6 truly scarred me for life. Just thinking about it again actually makes me cry fffffffff
    [​IMG]

Disobedience, Laurence, LPT and 10 others like this.
  12. Drop the collab mixtape, queens!

[​IMG]

KingBruno, Inky, timothy_b and 22 others like this.
  13. Uno

Uno

The lead character is a complete snooze, but they always are in these types of battle royale/ survival scenarios.

I still have 2 episodes to go, but I really loved the female villain - I couldn't wait for her to die, but her unhinged, chaotic energy was fun to watch.

14. I'm only two episodes in, taking it slow, but I love it so far.

Think I could make it through the green light, red light game. (I couldn't.)

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  15. I was disappointed that only 456 made it out in the end, I would’ve liked 67 there too so the inevitable second season could be a new game with them trying to take it down together.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  16. She's one of the best thing about the show. Iconic til the very end.

literally this but with a smile on her face. What a way to go out!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    stuaw, Laurence, Stewart and 4 others like this.
  17. She had the best performance of the bunch by far and I believe it was her first role.

18. I really liked the lead character in this. I think he was pretty interesting and had quite the story.

WowWowWowWow and Overdose like this.
  19. R92

R92

20. I always find it offensive when people refuse to watch something in it's original language. Unless there's a legitimate reason that you can't read subtitles, what's the big deal? My ex would always refuse to watch subtitles because 'he couldn't be bothered to read' and it drove me mad.

Dubbing always completely takes you out of the moment especially because most voiceovers are laughably bad.

KingBruno, Sarzy, LPT and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.