St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home | The Popjustice Forum

St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 15, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

She has yet to release a bad album, and I am beyond perched to see where she goes after something like Masseduction.

2. Incredibly perched for this while also hoping Jack is nowhere to be seen.

[​IMG]

3. Surely I can’t be the only one getting intense late 90s/early 00s PJ Harvey teas from that photo. Very excited to see where she goes next

4. I WOULD DIE

5. This would be a dream! I'll take her PJ/Tori/Fiona moment, please and thanks. If not, whilst I loved Masseduction, I'd be rooting for something more bonkers/closer to her self-titled next time.

6. I think self titled is her worst so not like that please nn. Krokodil and Fear the Future would be a good starting place for a guitar heavy record and i want more epics with intricate song structures like Smoking Section or Grot. Also as @Andy French pointed out, that pic really reminds me of To Bring You My Love era PJ Harvey so also yes to that!

I also would not mind her to go back to her roots a little bitsy cause i am a sucker for that slightly demented chamber pop she did especially in The Actor.

I am so excited for this record already.

7. Masseduction felt like her big semi-mainstream moment (started by Self-Titled of course) and I kinda can’t believe it’s been a good few years since it came out? She kinda kept us fed for ages with it so it doesn’t feel that long since the era ended.

8. Slow Disco still knocks the wind out of me every damn time. I'm not sure if I want an entire album modeled after that delicately handled song but a few more quiet storms are always welcome.

9. Still trembling from this teebs.

10. Masseduction was so good, i also loved how visually put together it felt! And mama was not playing in the vocal booth neither. I am still thinking of the whistle note on Young Lover.

11. Masseduction as a campaign never seems to really get the recognition it deserves for just how massive it was - the album came out in fall 2017 and we were still getting related content this year. Visually everything was also a home run.

12. Use these as templates and murder me queen!!!

snoho, heavymetalGAGA, Island and 6 others like this.
  13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Fuck me up again, queen!

14. I'm not sure on the general reception to it but I've always found Severed Crossed Fingers among her best ever work. The sheer hopelessness paired with that ethereal soundscape, oof

15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Well this has properly fucked me up in a different way instead, ddd.

nooniebao and Jonathan27 like this.
  16. Edit: the link doesn't work, but that's what the usual Twitter insider says

Hello Jack <3

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    superultra, Sam, nikkysan and 18 others like this.
  17. [​IMG]

nikkysan, Island, Glenolabar and 3 others like this.
  18. I am thrilled that Jack is back and I have complete faith in him and Annie as a producing duo. I'd actually call Masseduction one of his best albums, because he's not as 'present' and it feels more like Annie in the driver seat. Based on her earlier descriptions of the album, I'm perched to hear this collaboration.

*edit* I'll update the title and all that once we get more official confirmation

19. I'm surprised she's working with Jack again. Masseduction didn't have a ton of staying power with me, so I'm interested to see what they bring to the table this time.

Cutlery likes this.
  20. Daddy may well be home but I think we need to prepare for our wigs to soon be leaving the building, St Vincigs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.