St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Wow this album is perfect for getting high and doing art. Living in the dream daddies!

heavymetalGAGA, Sail On, Maki and 2 others like this.
  2. manifesting her performing on Primavera's second weekend

3. She's playing Mad Cool in Madrid instead. Manifestation denied!

scottdisick94 likes this.
  4. What day?? I can't see it properly in the line up with that many "T's"

5. Not sure it's been announced yet but she was definitely booked for it last time I heard.

6. This is definitely a good album and interesting project but there's something about the effects on her voice on a lot of the songs that is absolutely exhausting to listen to.

7. I didn’t realise that the artwork was animated on iTunes. I thought there was something wrong with my phone because Garbage’s artwork was glitching always. But having seen the Daddy’s Home artwork, I looked it up and realised that Apple is now animating artworks. It’s actually really cool!

8. Fuck me up!!

mcuk, Sleepycat and AGiantSheep like this.
  9. Thoughtful queen.

heavymetalGAGA, 2014, Sam and 13 others like this.
  10. The originals are the best versions, anyway.

Trouble in Paradise and xOJakeXo like this.
  11. Okay The Laughing Man has snuck up as one of my all time favorites of hers. Such a compelling track.

12. The Laughing Man's story is bittersweet, compelling and all, even giving hints/drawing parallels to Happy Birthday Johnny, but I dread the song itself nn. The worst in the album alongside the title track for me.

Raichu likes this.
  13. Oh, I love The Laughing Man. It's a hazy, fevered, depressive sludge.

14. me during the pandemic

15. You had me in the first half! It was the song that pierced my heart on first listen. While this album hasn’t demanded my attention, the moments it lines up with my mood, it’s on another level

16. I'm absolutely late but her version of Sad But True is good. And it comes from someone who is picky with covers of personal favorite songs (and not only is it my favorite of Metallica's but it is also one of my favorites in heavy metal). Of course, I still prefer the original but of all the versions so far, it's by far the best.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  17. I only just listened to the whole album today, and I’m honestly disappointed, but it’s still strong. She’s an incredible songwriter and performer, but I just didn’t like the 70s pastiche concept, and this is of course a concept album. “The Laughing Man” reminded me of the heart-wrenching-ness of Strange Mercy, which I love. I also loved the trippier, dreamy parts. Other songs like “The Melting of the Sun” and “Down” kept making me wish Weyes Blood or Margo Price we’re doing them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.