St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

St. Vincent - Daddy’s Home

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Oh I still play this on a regular basis! Brilliant melodies and I just love the mood and atmosphere she created for this album.

2. It's by no means her best album but it's still incredible, especially in its downtempo moments. From "Live in the Dream" on (minus the useless interludes), it's all top notch Annie, especially the closing run of down tempos. I actually think we'll come to appreciate the album more later as a cohesive work that melded camp, her personal experience and the 70s influence with a deft touch!

OspreyQueen likes this.
  3. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I still think it's a wonderful album, but I'll admit the 70s psychedelia concept is laid on pretty thick and doesn't offer much for anyone who isn't into that.

ysev, Jonathan27, lob0to and 2 others like this.
  4. No Live in the Dream nor My Baby Wants a Baby??? A true shame

5. The music video for the title track was released today on Facebook(?), which may indicate that it's the new single:

It's pretty cool, but I wish she chose a different song and hopefully the video gets released on her YouTube channel, too.

lob0to and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  6. Here's the video on YouTube:

Also, I've been obsessed with Down lately.

ysev, cpr, godspeed and 3 others like this.
  7. I dream of the timeline were “Down” was the lead.

8. Absolutely love the video.

ysev, lob0to and Maki like this.
  9. I think "Down and Out Downtown" and "My Baby Wants a Baby" also need further promotion and possibly a music video, though that seems unlikely.

10. Well, watching the video without sound on (it's to protect my ears) is certainly exhilarating! Love it

Maki likes this.
  11. Do I... like this more than anything on the new album!?

12. It is more dynamic and interesting than most of the record so yes.

constantino and ysev like this.
  13. A bit too musical number for me

In other news, the tour setlist including Live in the Dream amd My Baby Wants a Baby is great to see

14. I really like this new song, it's interesting! But I think there are a few better songs from "Daddy's Home".

15. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Is there any way to watch The Nowhere Inn in the UK besides piracy?

ysev likes this.
  16. The OST/Score is out.
    I think only 'The Nowhere Inn', 'Palm Desert' and 'Waiting on a Wave' have vocals.

lob0to and ysev like this.
  18. "Palm Desert" is my favourite out of the three songs - it's melancholic, has something 90s about it and the switch-up near the end is a great touch.

The movie seems interesting, I might check it out later on.

WhyCntrl and ysev like this.
  19. Her live band this tour is on another level

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.