St. Vincent - Masseduction | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

St. Vincent - Masseduction

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, May 1, 2016.

1. "Los Ageless" is major! New most anticipated album.

Charmander and xOJakeXo like this.
  2. "Mass seduction" is meant to evoke "mass culture" etc., probably in the sense of sexuality as a "mass" commodity mediated by the market, a commentary on the American dream etc blahblahblah, and also the word contains ASS in it, and there is also ASS on the cover.

Okay now yall pay me on Patreon.

3. My mind couldn't compute the title at all! Thanks for splitting it up.

4. Just noticed that in the stream/Q&A from this morning, she mixed up Nickelback and Stained with her "it's been a while" comment. Not proud that I know the difference obviously.

Love both of the songs she's put out and I am absolutely delighted that the album is coming soon. This has been a ridiculous year for all my favourites returning.

xOJakeXo and Andy French like this.
  5. Los Ageless.

YOU GUYS.

I mean, what a chorus. The entire song is her Bowie glam rock moment, but there's an aggressiveness and sensuality that reminds me of Garbage. Mostly in the lyrics and her delivery. However, this song is also so her. I keep hearing new things to appreciate.

Also, I legit thought it was called "Los Angeles" until a friend corrected me. I've thought this since she debuted it live a couple weeks ago, so... yeah.

I snatched the yellow vinyl and the peach sweater because I fucking. worship. her.

6. I just heard Los Ageless and my wig has already been shipped and dispatched. Bald, I am!

7. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

"How could anybody have you and lose you and not lose their minds too?" is the kind of annoyingly good lyric I wish one of my faves had come up with.

8. Looks like you have a new fave.

Rem, Sam, DreamlessNights and 16 others like this.
  9. When will Shawn Mendes?

10. I think Los Ageless is my favourite thing she's done since Strange Mercy.

S/t didn't hold up as much as I thought it would on a recent re-listen...

11. The album cover is so weirdly cropped it really irks me.

12. Love the new song and I also thought it was Los Angeles until I read this page.
    Album artwork is GENIUS...

13. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Is the cover supposed to look like a drink being poured into a glass on first glance? It took me a while to notice her legs.

14. Don't like the cover at all. What a disappointment since I want the record, but I don't really want to own a 12x12" copy of that image . I have no doubt the music will be great though.

15. She did that.

Charmander likes this.
  16. She did that chorus. I'm floored.

17. I am beyond satisfied with both of the new songs. The chorus of Los Ageless is rivaling Digital Witness' for one of her all time best. I really hope we get a video for it.

Also, I love my woke anti-capitalist queen.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Los Ageless is what I imagine should come from Taylor after I heard LWYMMD, slightly harsh and left field electropop with great melody.

19. The cheek of tweeting this and then selling $80 bomber jackets on her webstore! Get that merchandising coin, Annie!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  20. I've never listened to St Vincent before, other than Rock Band playing "Birth in Reverse" when I keep choosing Female Vocalist to get No Doubt. But New York showed up in my YouTube recommended and I really liked it.

Also I'm a sucker for anyone who has that haircut. I love it.

LE0Night likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.