Star Trek: Discovery & General Star Trek Discussion Thread | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

Star Trek: Discovery & General Star Trek Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikey1701, Nov 2, 2015.

1. I’d love for Sonequa to turn up at the RNC and demolish their bigotry and hate in much the same manner when she annihilated Piers Morgan live on Good Morning Britain. That was the moment I stanned her.

Monkey0 likes this.
  2. I’m hyperventilating.

I cannot wait!

EricG1990 and Monkey0 like this.
  3. Oh wow, oh wow...it's happening!

EricG1990 likes this.
  4. I just watched this interview and the way she spoke, how she spoke, what she spoke... gave me actual goosebumps.

DoggySwami likes this.
  5. She’s clearly very intelligent and switched on. Not to mention patient. She absolutely owned him and she did so in a calm, rational way that ended up making look like a fucking pillock.

roblognick likes this.
  6. The voiceover in the trailer is familiar somehow... can't put my finger on it though.

7. At first I thought it was Sonequa but according to TrekCore, it’s an actress called Merrin Dungey.

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

She was in Alias with Jennifer Garner I think. And she pops up in guest roles on a lot of things.

9. I wonder if Jonathan Frakes will show up as Riker or if he's just directing a few episodes.

10. If Season 2 happens, we'll surely see a few familiar faces pop up.

EricG1990 likes this.
  11. He is directing Episodes 3 & 4. They’re filming now.

I also believe that he is directing two episodes of Disco’s third season.

I’m hoping for a flashback to the Enterprise-E at some point in Picard. Imagine how flawless that will look with the cinematic look that Trek has adopted.

EricG1990 likes this.
  12. Wait at the only decent mission in the Hur’Q arc of Star Trek Online being the Ferengi mission.

13. I love this scene. Po shading Queen Georgiou is life giving.

14. There is a line of dialogue in their second appearance (or so) where Chakotay states they are nomadic. They also had those communications arrays dotted all over the Delta Quadrant that stretched all the way to Alpha Quadrant (the ones that allowed The Doctor to travel to the Prometheus).

Of course unless you watched those episodes (like I did recently) you would have totally forgotten when watching the hologram-war two parter. They should have included a couple of lines to remind us.

15. The whole Victory Is Life arc in STO is by far the best arc in the whole game.

16. I really liked the cut scenes but the problem for me was the Hur’Q as villains. They were angry space bugs... and nothing else.

17. They aren't the strongest villains in the game but everything else around it is top tier STO. The voice work, extended plots from DS9 and developments into the ongoing story are fantastic.

Generic villains after the Iconians - which went on forever - is fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.