STAR WARS | Page 188 | The Popjustice Forum

STAR WARS

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I think that's what they want us to think, but I don't know if I see this happening. At least not both of them face to face.
    Maybe briefly we'll see Vader separately from Obi Wan. But I just have a feeling the majority of his role will be what I said in my last post.
    It's pretty implied they haven't seen each other in years in New Hope. So yeah, they could lightly retcon that. But I think if Vader knew the whereabouts of Obi Wan this whole time, he'd stop at nothing to hunt him just like every other Jedi.
    There's lots of possibilities there, so we'll see. No matter, it's bound to be a great little series.

2. He’s playing Vader. It got announced at the Disney Investor meeting last year (at 11:28).

3. Well I guess yeah, saying "Rematch of the century" implies they will go head to head.
    Okay, well i'm curious how they will unfold that then.

4. That's a very promising cast. Great to see Rupert Friend in there.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I'm perched.

6. Wondering if we'll get something today... Happy Force day!

Robbietoxic likes this.
  7. Might watch Ewoks Double-Bill

8. The first episode of the Bad Batch is out today.

9. Okay so Disney has been teasing that they have created some sort of "real" lightsaber. And apparently this is it.
    Disney is opening their Galactic Starcruiser resort in 2022. It's going to be a "full immersive" experience. Meaning you will be like basically LARPing.

"Yes, that’s a new type of lightsaber Rey is holding in her hand, created by Walt Disney Imagineering Research and Development. Guests who experience Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be the first to see it in action – along with so much more – starting in 2022 when this amazing new two-night adventure debuts. Watching that lightsaber activate right before your eyes will be just one of the countless ways that, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, you’ll be plunged into a Star Wars story where your decisions and actions – or even the casual conversations you may have – determine how your personal journey unfolds."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More info on it all here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ey-world-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q3wo0429210068

I'm VERY excited to see this place. Galaxy's Edge is already ridiculously immersive in the way you interact with the castmembers & characters in the land. Having this resort hotel be like... a full two day roleplaying experience. It's just really cool to me.

unnameable, POPGASM, Leopold and 2 others like this.
  10. Galaxy's Edge and Pandora being such amazingly realised worlds (the way the latter creates the floating mountains and scale of Avatar is mind blowing) makes me so sad Avenger's Campus looks to be so...average.

My favourite pastime is watching the videos of early Galaxy's Edge where Rey would take kids on little adventures, that and the questionable British accents from cast members playing her

11. I mean that looks awesome but I‘ve read it‘s about USD 2‘000 per person for two days at that resort so ddd.

POPGASM likes this.
  12. I need that lightsaber.

13. After going to the Secret Cinema Star Wars event a few years back I'd be 100% on board with this.

johnny_tsunami and Andrew.L like this.
  14. I went to Galaxy's Edge a month or two after it opened. Getting to fly the Millenium Falcon and pull the lever to go to hyperspace.... That is an unforgettable experience. And it played kind of like a video game. You can do really good or you can score really bad. When the ride is over, the door to the cockpit opens and the castmember who is dressed as person working for the transport bay the Falcon is docked in says like "Okay, get out, We're going to have to do a lot of repairs because of that run" if you did bad, or something vice versa if you did good. Even walking out of the ride, we were straggling behind and two cast members were going in through the exit and were like "Welcome back on planet, Hope you had a good salvage run".

Then later on I got to talk to Vi, the character they created specifically for Galaxy's Edge. No one was bothering her because she isn't in the movies so she's easier to miss. We had a really awesome conversation. She pointed at a passing by Photopass photographer and said like "He's taking photos of possible Resistance members to report to the First Order... You'll want to be careful near them." and just things like that. I was wearing a Leia shirt, she looked at it and said "It looks like I can trust you."

I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to get to stay in that new hotel. It'd be expensive but I know it'd be worth every penny if that's the kind of experience you want as a fan.

15. Meh! Give me a Hogwarts resort and I'll sell my kidneys.

16. [​IMG]

He, Trinu 3.0, joe_alouder and 6 others like this.
  17. Universal Studios ditching their Fantastic Beasts park expansion for Super Nintendo World instead is gay rights.

and Galaxy’s Edge discussion? Wow I guess we need a critical analysis

bakerboy92, Gemini, Remorque and 5 others like this.
  18. Anyone following the Bad Batch? It's a mildly diverting dive back into the world of Star Wars now that the Manaldorian has been over for months. I love seeing the galaxy right after Order 66 and the reorganization of the Republic into the Empire that I haven't seen explored in any media, at least on TV or the movies. Still growing to like the characters but I'm enjoying it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.