STAR WARS | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

STAR WARS

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I just hope that they maintain the quality of the brilliant soundtracks present in the past three films to be honest haha.

2. LTG

LTG

I'll cry if John Williams does do it.

3. John Williams is fantastic.

So with the new films following the Skywalker story does that mean we'll see Luke's Jedi Academy? In turn, this means eternal beauty Kyle Katarn will be on the big screen!

4. LTG

LTG

Oh dear, I just read my post and it's accidental blasphemy. I mean if he doesn't do it. His music is so amazing. Despite the prequels being shit we still got some great bits of classic John Williams music. I love Across the Stars from Attack of the Clones:

[video=youtube;9nk_WHHTQtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nk_WHHTQtY[/video]

5. I'm pretty sure they'll use the John Williams theme.... it's like the Bond films - just wouldn't be right without the main theme

6. duckface

duckface Guest

I'm sure they'll use the theme.

But it's still so odd to me that they're making Episodes VII-IX when they're so clearly disconnected from the rest of the films; no Lucas, no Williams, and most importantly no Anakin. The Episodes are about him, after all.

They should just go straight into making stand-alone Star Wars films and trilogies, and play around in the universe without being tied to the Skywalker family. As much as I'd like to see Jaina Solo, Anakin Solo, Tahiri, etc. on screen, I can only imagine how annoying the inevitable continuity errors between the book chronology and the film chronology will be.

7. The thing is they're never going to please fans by continuing the Skywalker line.

8. 'Fans' of franchises are never satisfied. They only need to worry about pleasing the general public.

9. I remember being told by a fan ages ago that George Lucas' story for the final three films centred on Han and Leia's children. This may or may not be true, but it sounds fairly realistic.

10. duckface

duckface Guest

That's what the general assumption is, but there have been so many rumored storylines and so called reports on what Lucas was planning, there's no real consensus on what that means exactly. Han and Leia's children have been established as Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo in the books, but who knows whether that's what Lucas had originally mapped out.

While I'd love to see those three - plus Luke's son, Ben - in the films, I don't know how they can go about telling an "original story" when their fates have already been well mapped out. Anakin's dead, Jaina is married to the future Emperor, and Jacen became a Sith, had a baby, and died.

That being said, the last thing I want is for them to completely ignore those events or even those characters.

Oy.

11. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

George Lucas has said that he dislikes much of the expanded universe stuff, and I'm inclined to agree. Some of it is very good but a lot just doesn't feel like Star Wars to me.

12. Late to the party, but J J Abrams being on board excites me! I didn't mention him in my previous post as it was a bit obvious and I'd never have expected him to take the reigns on both Star Wars and Star Trek, but there you go. Should be great.

13. duckface

duckface Guest

GURL NO.

Anakin Solo, Jaina Solo, Mara Jade, Jagged Fel, and Tahiri are far more interesting characters than, er, the entire cast of the prequels. Read the X-Wing books and The New Jedi Order. Amazing stuff.

14. I would place a big pile of money (if I had one) on him being out of the picture in terms of directing another Star Trek. The sequel is out this year, Star Wars is penciled in for 2015, and so you'll have one of two options. Either a.) the studios trade JJ back and forth and wait longer than they will want to for their next film or b.) JJ 'executive produces' the third Star Trek film and one of the writers (Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci) directs.

I'm sure Paramount and Skydance will do everything they can to maintain the illusion that JJ is involved every step of the way with Star Trek, but there's no way he can do both. It's a "Bryan Singer leaves X3 for his childhood dream" situation all over again.

15. duckface

duckface Guest

I love how it's basically standard procedure for directors to hand the reins over to writers and/or proteges for thirdquels. Jurassic Park, Terminator, Blade...

16. Can we not include the third Terminator here. I like to pretend it doesn't exist.

I can't remember the third Blade. Was that the one with extra Ryan Reynolds - just because Wesley Snipes refused to leave his trailer.

17. duckface

duckface Guest

Yeap, 'Blade: Trinity'. Or as I like to refer to it, 'Blade: Ryan Reynolds And His Abs'

18. duckface

duckface Guest

There's a somewhat unbelievable rumor going around that Yoda will be getting a stand-alone movie.

Who would you guys like to see get their own film?

I've been praying for a Boba Fett film or series of films for ages, covering his orphan teen years up to meeting Sintas Vel and shacking up.

Other duckface wishlist candidates:

- 'Star Wars: Han & Chewie'
    - 'Star Wars: Aurra Sing'
    - 'Star Wars: Amidala's Weaves'

19. LTG

LTG

An Amidala's body doubles film featuring a cameo from Kiera Knightley.

20. duckface

duckface Guest

I would actually love a handmaiden-focused film or comic book series.

There are so many of them - 11 by my count! I was gutted when Rose Byrne's Dorme didn't come back for Episode III. And we all know it should have been Keira that died in Episode II.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.