STAR WARS | Page 201 | The Popjustice Forum

STAR WARS

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Jan 14, 2013.

1. FL_VvfEX0AQrdnj.jpeg

An icon.

GimmeWork, Alenko, Lander and 10 others like this.
  2. Episode 2 was great, I loved it a lot.

3. One of the best things Disney has done for Star Wars has to be High Republic. It feels so much better than the whole sequel series, barring maybe The Last Jedi.

4. I’m sorry but the Andor series looks EPIC this is what I want from my Star Wars.

GimmeWork and Mr.Arroz like this.
  5. On the chat around time periods, I absolutely hear you all about wanting some more stuff from different periods but, for now, I can only see that coming from the extended media.

They're treading on some good ground with the Knights Of The Old Republic remake and if that proves to be a big success I could see us getting some more games and books from that period but I think the way they'll pull in most folks is by sticking to a period people know. That has a limited time period of course but I can see them using it very much as damage control for the sequel trilogy (which left everyone unhappy in one way or another) before pushing the boat out again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2022
    Sam likes this.
  6. Ok I loved the first two episodes of Obi! I need more now.
    Little Leia is a star!

GimmeWork and Mr.Arroz like this.
  7. Does the 2nd episode have a plot hole?

Reeva kills the Grand Inquisitor but he is then in Rebels which is set 5 years after this?

8. Sam

Sam

Well I’m obsessed.

Order 66 again
    Obi realising Anakin survived
    Vader at the end of episode 2

Mr.Arroz and johnoclock like this.
  9. Loved how the costumes of one character in Obi Wan harked back to the original trilogy.

Leia obvs. Fingers crossed for Yoda.

Mr.Arroz and Sam like this.
  10. Darth Maul & Fenec both died and came back so he probably is brought back the same way.

Kyle. and Shockbox like this.
  11. I hope so. It would be weird for them to use things from Rebels and then make Rebels non-canon.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  12. Stupid question as I've never seen Rebels and this is my first contact with Inquisitors: is the Grand Inquisitor a person or just a title like General? Can a new person take his place once the last Grand Inquisitor is murdered?

13. It’s never mentioned because the Grand Inquisitor is the same person throughout Rebel but I’m guessing so

14. I would assume someone else could take the title.

15. Grand Inquisitor is a title, but it's also the only thing he's ever called. In Star Wars, when you become evil, you pretty regularly ditch your old name and only get referred to as something sinister, so.

16. I loved the first two episodes but I can't believe that

there is any way the inquisitors could have used the Organas to get to Kenobi successfully and Vader not use that knowledge to torture them/murder the entire city to find out his location sometime over the following decade. Especially since they reinforced the Sith ability to read minds in this.

It just entirely undermines the original trilogy for me.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  17. But that’s implying the Organa’s knew where Obi-Wan is opposed to Obi-Wan hearing about the kidnapping and his compassion forcing him out of hiding.

18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Alderaan getting an expanded look-in is pretty cool. We hear of it in New Hope and a glimpse in Episode III. It was unexpected for me, but appreciated nonetheless!

Aidan and Sam like this.
  19. It's always been weird to me they didn't have Naboo be Alderaan in the prequels. It would have really upped the weight of the moment it gets destroyed

Sam likes this.
  20. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I still feel that the sets are very claustrophobic. For as big as these worlds/planets are, they feel very restricted. This started with Rogue One and it just undersells a lot of the world-building.

Phloo and Sam like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.