STAR WARS | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

STAR WARS

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Jan 14, 2013.

1. This is genuinely thought provoking.

2. duckface

duckface Guest

The post-Palpatine era is the most interesting to me. The galaxy collapses in civil war and there are a series of attempts at establishing stability, unity, and a place within all that for the Jedi Order that illustrate a lot about hubris, the nature of government, and personal freedom. The stories about how Han, Leia, and Luke grappled with their new responsibilities, the pressures and expectations that were placed on their children, and the plethora of new characters are as 'Star Wars' to me as the actual original films.

I'd love a few films about the Knights Of The Old Republic era, if only because there is so much left to be told and the Star Wars universe was so visibly different during that period, but I'm extremely excited about seeing Jaina, Jacen, Anakin, Ben, Mara, and everyone else from the post-ROTJ era.

3. I am so freaking excited about more Star Wars.

I grew up on it so I'm a die hard fan.
    I literally had no friends at primary school because I never shut up about it.

4. duckface

duckface Guest

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

6. Disney have annouced that from 2015 there will be a new Star Wars film every year - alternating from a saga to standalone films.

7. duckface

duckface Guest

Ugh.

And the 'Saga' movies will be coming out once every 2 years, rather than 3.

Quality control is my major issue. Plus, Star Wars always felt like an 'event'. A movie every year? Expedited Episodes? Cash grab and nothing more.

8. Wait, so 1 year will be a standalone film, the next year part of a saga, then the next another standalone, then the next the second part of the saga? I'M CONFUSED.

9. duckface

duckface Guest

Yes.

2015: Episode 7
    2016: Stand alone
    2017: Episode 8
    2018: Stand alone
    2019: Episode 9
    etc.

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Oh, that's too much. I'd rather have

Summer 2015: Episode 7
    December 2016: You, Me and Shaak Ti
    Summer 2018: Episode 8
    December 2019: How Mon Mothma Got Her Groove Back
    Summer 2021: Episode 9
    December 2022: Rancorman

11. duckface

duckface Guest

Yes to a Mon Mothma movie! She goes to one of those sex planets after her and Ackbar break up (it was the Alliance keeping them together, not LOVE!) she goes and gets on down with General Rieekan.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

That would be amazing. Like a cross between Bridget Jones and Barbarella.

We also need a mockumentary about Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes.

13. duckface

duckface Guest

Saoriaisisise Ronan has officially auditioned for a role that is obviously Jaina Solo (or an analogue to Jaina if the Expanded Universe is eliminated).

14. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I'm thinking we'll get some characters from the Expanded Universe married with some new ones. That'd be the best option, anyway.
    Reward the fans that have read the books, comics etc, but don't alienate everyone else.

15. duckface

duckface Guest

Yeah, and condense some things. Considering the fact that they killed the amazing Anakin Solo because Lucas is a doofus, and then killed Jacen Solo for reasons unknown, they might as well just introduce a single Solo child and give her some of her brothers' qualities.

And they can do the same for the many, many new Jedi characters.

In duckface's perfect world, the main characters would be:

1. Jaina Solo - The new Luke/Anakin
    2. Jagged Fel - The new Leia/Padme
    3. Ben Skywalker - The new Han/Obi-Wan
    4. Mara Jade - The new Ben/Qui-Gon
    5. Luke Skywalker - The new Yoda
    6. Han & Leia cameos.

16. BTG

BTG

Please cast Saorise.

I cannot, repeat cannot, deal with having to see Chloe Moretz.

17. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I'd only accept Chloe if she was a purple-clad Jedi Padawan, chopping people up with her lightsaber.

18. I think both Chloe and Saiorse would be good. I'd quite like them both actually! They both really are the finest young actresses we've got.

19. duckface

duckface Guest

Chloe Moretz is a terrible actress, sorry. I will boycott these films if she is cast.* I will never get over that moment in Hugo when she goes "You've neveh read a boo-hook?!?" and I'm like GURL THAT IS NOT HOW YOU PRONOUNCE BOOK STOP ACTING

*I won't actually, but she will make them as painful as the words "midichlorians" and "younglings" did.

20. BTG

BTG

Yes, she's bloody awful in anything and everything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.