STAR WARS | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

STAR WARS

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by duckface, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Whaat?? I think she's a really good lil actress. I do recognise that her accent in Hugo could perhaps be a smidge cringey however.

2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

She's great in the Kick-Ass movies and from interviews I've read has a real understanding of Hit-Girl as a character, but I'm yet to see her in anything else so can't really comment.
    Well, apart from Dark Shadows. But nobody was good in that.

3. Saoirse is in another league from Chloe, let's be honest. She would be awesome in this.

4. LTG

LTG

Surely they're both a bit too young? I think going with someone quite unknown and in their early-mid 20s for a protagonist would work.

5. duckface

duckface Guest

Luke and Leia are 19 in A New Hope.
    Anakin is 9 and Padme is 14 in The Phantom Menace.

Star Wars is about kids, y'all!

6. LTG

LTG

Exactly...

7. BRILLIANT!

Shaak Ti was totally my favourite Jedi in the prequels

8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Me too. She's bad-ass. Weird that she has a name which is a variation on 'fish food'.

9. duckface

duckface Guest

Shaak Ti is okay, but Adi Gallia is better.

I love how both of those minor characters have been played by about 3,897 different people.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
  10. Shaak Ti is great in the cartoon stuff. I really need to get into that as I've only seen a few episodes.

11. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Female Jedi are basically awesome.

When I won the 'Art of Star Wars' competition years and years ago I remember being so excited to see the props and costumes up close, and was equally impressed and appalled by how awful some of them looked in reality. The crowds in the Podrace arena were cotton buds (q-tips!).

12. LTG

LTG

13. duckface

duckface Guest

What a load of old shit.

J.J. is an adequate writer at best, and has Kasdan even done anything since Empire that wasn't total crap?

14. I think they'll most likely just be tidying up the current script and rewriting parts they don't like.

15. If they've announced this publicly, then I guess it's a major re-write.... usually 'cosmetic' re-writes are done uncredited... seems like some power plays at work.

The tone is so important for this film. Make it fun please. Make it fun please.

16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

It needs to be fun and have great characterisation, like A New Hope.

17. duckface

duckface Guest

I just hope Jaina Solo (or whatever they rename her) is the protagonist. She's so awesome.

In my mind, the perfect Star Wars VII would star Jaina Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Jagged Fel. The premise would be the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Jaina would be pegged as Luke's likely successor as the leader of the Jedi Order, Ben would resent this but eventually figure out where his potential lies, and Jaina and Jagged would get it on.

18. duckface

duckface Guest

Official release date is December 18, 2015 until they change the release date again.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

19. I love the idea of a Christmas release - much better than getting lost in the summer melee

20. Can't it be Xmas 2015 now!

I can still remember coming out of the cinema after seeing Episode III and being really sad that that was it for Star Wars movies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.