Stephen King | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Stephen King

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by stuaw, Aug 2, 2019.

1. I didn't realise there was a reboot of The Stand in the works. Muffy sis, the timing...

Andrew and stuaw like this.
  2. Is perfect

stuaw and Music Is Death like this.
  3. Reboot Dark Tower next. Properly, this time.
    Agreed. I watched Contagion a few weeks into lockdown and it heightened my enjoyment. I found it morbidly fascinating.

Rei Ayanami and Music Is Death like this.
  4. Ooo yes please! Haven't started the books yet (wanted to wait until I have all 7/8, cause I hate having to wait for the next book in a series, currently have the first three) but I've only heard horrible things about that movie, and I'm the kind of person who will watch an adaptation no matter what, so if we get a new one soon, I can completely pass the movie. Amazon scrapped the show, so hopefully another company will try.

stuaw likes this.

5. Perched.

aux, Music Is Death and Andrew like this.
  6. Ooooo I'm ready for this.

7. I'm not. I feel like we're living in The Stand.

Andrew likes this.
  8. The first episode of The Stand was so damn good! Even already knowing the story, I was still super invested in what happened. I think the non-linear approach is going to work as well. So excited for the next one.

suitechicguy, Andrew and stuaw like this.
  9. Shit, I forgot it was out! Will watch tonight.

Music Is Death likes this.
  10. Is it on in the UK?

11. Its on CBS All Access for streaming, so not sure.

12. Andrew likes this.
  13. Is the movie of Needful things any good?

14. Watched the first episode and it is very good. However just a warning for those going to watch it. It is kind of hard to watch with the pandemic that’s currently happening. Just keep that in mind if you choose to watch it.

15. I'm re-reading The Stand in preparation of watching the series and whew... An experience.

Not really. I'd definitely read the book first.

Andrew likes this.
  16. I'm four episodes into The Outsider and finding it a bit of slog. Worth sticking it out? (Ben Mendelsohn, Cynthia Erivo and Julianne Nicholson are pretty much always on their A-game so I'm tempted to go the distance for them)

17. Yes it most certainly is.

Mike likes this.
  18. Oh nice to see this this thread here as I just started reading my first King last week - Pet Sematary. I'm liking it but expected a bit more. Think I'm gonna go with The Long Walk next.

robots need oil and Andrew like this.
  19. Yeah i read the book a couple of times - i really liked it.

20. Both exceptional. Pet Sematary is a superb study of grief, The Long Walk is perfect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.