Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread | Page 1990 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. I've barely interacted with you, and when I did I have only been supportive, are you okay? And what should I be pressed about here exactly?

2. Anyone got any random europop covers they'd like to see to ease the tension??

3. I’d love them to cover History by Mai Tai. I could imagine it would work with a real power vocal from Claire and nice harmonies from the others.

Chris Lala likes this.

4. I’d never want them to do Eurovision, but cover one of the best UK entrant songs? Yas

5. Love that song.

Chris Lala likes this.
  6. Not familiar with it - but sounds very much like Heaven I Need

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  7. Could suit a Lisa or Faye vocal

Chris Lala likes this.
  8. Yes I think The Heaven I Need was inspired by History. I just reckon an 80s pop/soul sound would work for Steps amongst the bangers.

Bookwormboy likes this.
  9. MB

MB

Could we see a Friday March 6th release for the single with a performance on the DOI final on the 9th...?

10. W2K

W2K

I would say yes to the release date, and an unsure to the DOI final!

Chris Lala and MB like this.
  11. MB

MB

They’ve got the script performing today, it’d be the biggest promo slot they’ll get, but would mean I’d have to watch dancing on ice, so positives and negatives!

Island, Starfury, Chips111 and 3 others like this.
  12. H will be skating at the final, so unlikely they'll perform

Voodoo Child likes this.
  13. Besides the issues with the line-up (though I think all of the 'pop is looked down on in Australia' applies as much in the UK), Australia is a huge country with a small population, with not the greatest transport infrastructure (12 hours by train Sydney-Melbourne).

Adelaide - the cancelled date - has a million people, and it's population skews older (and, purely anecdotally, the target audience for this type of concert are exactly the age that will be in Melbourne/Sydney/London etc because of jobs)

For a big act I can see people coming in from other places to Sydney or Melbourne, but this isn't the sort of concert most people would cough up the cost of the ticket/accommodation/travel

Venoose likes this.
  14. A bunch of people I follow are dragging H for liking this tweet.

15. Little Mix have always played arenas in Aus and filled them - it was just LM5 that was cancelled and that was down to the era being a shambles.

I’m not Australian so can’t comment on the rest - you could be right. Little Mix were always loved and popular in Australia though until LM5.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

My translation skills are letting me down

Chris Lala likes this.
  17. HONO

Mvnl and MB like this.
  18. MB

MB

I can’t with all this Oz stuff, it’s not their tour, it’s fine even if it is cancelled. Not like we should lose sleep or cry one more teardrop over it.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

"Don't abbreviate song or album titles"

20. You missed an obvious use of Tears On The Dancefloor!

Mvnl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.