Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread | Page 2045 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. They probably don't want to risk a flop. They probably want to wait until all full promotional opportunities are available again which is understandable.

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah launching a campaign right now feels like a huge gammble.
    Plus half of their promo would probably be filled with questions about Corona.

However: Now would be an excellent time to put up all those videos and past tours in HD!

3. Clearly the time is right to release studio versions of If You Could Read My Mind and Love U More 2017.

4. That ship has sailed, they're on their official Youtube in the definition they were originally released in, I don't think there's much demand or enough ad revenue in it for anyone to bother finding the source films.

Chips111 and Mvnl like this.
  5. Honestly now would be a terrible time to launch considering they can’t even do interviews unless it’s one member at a time or some kind of Skype conference call on This Morning. Plus the irony of ‘What The Future Holds’ wouldn’t work in their favour right now. Maybe once this has started to blow over and the rules on gatherings have been lightened a little then they would be able to get it out there, but it’ll drop like a stone currently.

LoveUMore2017 and Scotty B like this.
  6. MB

MB

Yep and the title might not be the worst of the lyrics in the current situation. Who knows. It’ll be all the more worthwhile when everything does come out in summer.

7. I’ve actually come to like the idea of the campaign starting later. Obviously I haven’t a clue whatsoever about the album and their plans but it could be great to get a new Steps sad banger video over the Christmas period.

8. Which would be SD anyway

Seanie likes this.
  9. Id take a SD format of Steps Into Christmas any day. I’d even take tape cassette!

poshbabyyy, Conan, Starfury and 3 others like this.
  10. Do you think they'll change the lead single - is What The Future Holds too on the nose even post pandemic?

11. Although I do think they’re doing the right thing by waiting, but I’d love to see them do what the Backstreet Boys have recently done with As Long As You Love Me

Mvnl likes this.
  12. Why are people getting worried about the name of a song? There are far worse (in context of the current climate) already charting, some of which are brand new:

If The World Was Ending
    Death Bed
    Murder Most Foul
    You Should Be Sad
    No Time To Die

13. MB

MB

With the right timing and press it’ll be seen more of a positive!

Chris Lala and MarkAnthony like this.
  14. I used to have the bootleg audio of Steps Into Christmas. It was awful quality but does anyone still have it...?

Burntoutandfalling likes this.
  15. I didn’t even know it existed.

16. I used to have this too. They were in a wma format I believe it was

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2020
    Burntoutandfalling and stomp like this.
  17. Same! Lost it when I dropped a harddrive.

18. Noooo.... I’d LOVE to hear this. Was it the whole concert?

19. So what the future held was a move to Comeback Corner.

20. This makes me sad.

WhipperSnapper and Bookwormboy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.