Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread | Page 2068 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

If people request leaks in here or over PM, the thread will be locked until release date.

2. I saw the artwork this morning. It's so terrible.

poploz likes this.
  3. I don't understand why they'd ditch the classic logo at this point, it's perfectly Steps.

scottkilminster and Chips111 like this.
  4. I suppose using a new logo pushes them further away from getting stuck in "nostalgia territory" since they're not going to be using the logo that the public could recognise straight away. Plus the logo they were using was really rough looking since it was likely just lifted from the Gold cover and edited accordingly.

I'm a sucker for neon so while I think a neon Steps logo could have been executed so much better, I ain't mad.

poploz likes this.
  5. The new logo is kinda nice though. It makes senses if Steps 6 is giving a nod to 80s sound, hence the neon lights/signs.

jtm likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is your profile pic the new logo?

Chips111 likes this.
  7. Yeah, I just lifted it from the artwork and made it match my last profile pic.

jtm and Mvnl like this.
  8. I'm kinda sad it's leaked. I wish they'd managed to vault it until things had maybe settled down next year.

It seems like they've got plans to release the single pretty soon though, just feels like we're being robbed of the excitement of promo.

9. I didn't hear a Lisa solo in the song, I thought they all had a bit?

Chris Lala likes this.
  10. In the soundcloud snippet which is now removed, I heard Lisa saying "mind". Maybe that's the peak of her solo.

Doodvid and poploz like this.
  11. I think she has the second prechorus?

Holly Something and JMRGBY like this.
  12. MB

MB

They’ve done a pretty good job of containing the leak. It could’ve been much worse. Just need to make sure people don’t share it or send links round!

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020
  13. It's Claire and H in verse one, Faye in the first bridge, Lee in verse two, and then Lisa in the second bridge. And as usual, Claire's leading the sound of the chorus. All five got equal shares though in the lead single which is brillo!

14. The reactions to the song are promising.

From those of us who only have that questionable logo to go off, thank you for giving us hope that this will be good!

jtm, breakitdown, Chris Lala and 2 others like this.
  15. Can anyone post the cover?

16. She sings the last two lines of the middle8 and shares the bridge with Faye I believe.

17. Forgive me I only heard it once, hopefully when I hear it again I can hear Queen Lisa.

Chris Lala likes this.
  18. Honestly, things only became clearer with headphones, including Claire’s gorgeous note during the last chorus.

19. I'm bummed that people have heard the track! I hope it doesn't hurt the campaign!

SinceYouTookYourPopAway and jtm like this.
  20. It won’t do. Those of us that have heard it will still be buying the song, the remixes, the album (in probably endless formats) upon release and it’s probably a small number of people in general that have heard it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.