Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread | Page 2069 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. They could do worse than putting it back up on iTunes - at least then people could hear it legally and the risk of a further leak isn't there anymore. I don't think that would take away from the "event" factor of the video, the premiere, the remix packages, the album pre-orders etc. Given the current state of the world I can't see how they can do anything like traditional promo this side of 2021.

2. I just hope they can tour at some point to cover the costs of the album and stuff.

jtm likes this.
  3. MB

MB

That’s the thing, they’re probably having to adjust their plans and most likely not on doing it this side of 2021. We need to adjust our expectations really. It’ll happen when it’s safe to do so, Steps and their families safety have to come first.

This will obviously happen - next year when it’s safe for acts to tour.

confess85 and Chris Lala like this.
  4. I haven’t heard the song, but I’m pretty sure an act like Steps could come up with some pretty interesting socially distanced promo. Their live shows are lavish so they clearly have an eye for what would get people talking.

Now it is out there it might force their hand a tad, unless they have another song they think could lead the campaign. Either way I’m excited for a logo change.

Chips111 likes this.
  5. I could see some promo with a dance tutorial video with each of them taking a section and then running through a la Break Up Song.

Some TikTok challenges and a ‘fan video’.

The good news is that they have the official video in the bag already.

scottkilminster, Chips111 and Mvnl like this.
  6. jtm

jtm

Happy to see the reactions, but also happy to wait to hear it when they are ready. I want them to do it the right way and get those tour / album sales they need to make the era profitable. I can wait and I‘m even more excited now.

carlbob, Eric, breakitdown and 5 others like this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

So can people who heard it at least say: is it up there with Scared Of The Dark?

etienne and jtm like this.
  8. It is.

9. Glitter + Gold meets Scared of the Dark

10. I'd throw Happy as a reference point for sure.

11. I’d also add the Sleazersisters Mix if Deeper Shade of Blue as another.

12. That would be perfect!

jtm likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I never rated Glitter & Gold (or Happy) as highly as Scared so I guess I'll have to wait and see..

etienne likes this.
  14. Cant wait to hear this. Do we think the logo is permanent or just to fit the theme of the video or even just a placeholder image?

15. It’s just like when the Tears On The Dancefloor (Crying At The Disco) deluxe edition went straight to download at presale. Management didn’t comment on it or rush the album out earlier than the released date. I think the fans who actually have the track aren’t going to upload it on YouTube etc. So think the track is in safe hands with the loyal fans.

JMRGBY likes this.
  16. There’s seems to be no major leak at the moment still. All the obvious sites either have taken it down or it’s not been uploaded.
    It’s a shame, I wonder if they’ll change their current plan for releases or keep their original plan.

17. It would cost tuppence for somebody to create a vector of it. Fansites have done it for decades!

It's weird that there isn't a photo of them on the cover art.

But I guess a new logo shows they're still evolving and growing.

18. Yes. They've outdone themselves once again this time. The beat resembles a bit like 'No More Tears On The Dancefloor' whilst the bittersweet lyrics and the whole sentiment of the song mimic those of 'Happy'. Mind blown! It'll be worth the wait for those who have not listened to the leak. Dua Lipa meets Sia also if you allow your mind to wander far.

19. I instantly thought of 'Happy' too when I first listened to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.