Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread | Page 2072 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. “She was oldaah!!!”

2. Just listening to it now...what on earth were they thinking putting that on the album? Steps were very much being targeted at children!

I know someone who interview the band back in 1998 and played Tim (Steps' manager/ H's partner at the time) the Worlds Apart original...apparently it was presented to Tim as an original demo/track for the record!

poploz likes this.
  3. Worlds Apart wasn’t the original.

poploz likes this.
  4. We've officially reached the end of the WWW during quarantine if we're doing nothing but devoting our discussion to Track #7. Oi! Off to shower now.

Voodoo Child likes this.
  5. we could always speculate what’s in H’s box of Demos....?

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  6. W2K

W2K

A very tight lid one would hope.

Jacques, Butterfly, Matgo and 4 others like this.
  7. Any news on when the album is coming out? I thought I heard somewhere it was November and the tour in February.

8. There’s been no official news, just educated guesses.

9. How would sales of Tears opening few weeks have acted in a typical November album chart?

10. Probably not as well.

11. If memory serves me correctly, 36k first week sales.

12. Unless they release it 2 weeks before Christmas or something then they'd be fine with a Q4 release.

13. In q4 they'll likely chart lower, but would probably sell more overall due to the generallt increased sales overall

Mvnl and MB like this.
  14. I really like the new single artwork. The logo they've been using since Gold has served them well but for me, the way it sits there all neat and tidy on each cover is just a bit too sedate.

If they're going to continue as an active group there needs to be growth in their branding and I LOVE the way the new cover screams the word STEPS at you in neon (in full resolution it actually looks like a real neon sign, not just a dodgy MS Paint job). It's unapologetic.

I really hope they don't listen to a small amount of backlash and return to the old one, because we need to move forward and we get enough fan service without demanding how each era should be branded.

breakitdown and MB like this.
  15. Well the furore that happened when they changed the logo for Deeper Shade and Summer of Love hasn’t been displayed with this one. I still prefer the logo we’re used to but it’s good to mix it up

16. W2K

W2K

I still stand by the fact that the new excuse for a logo is absolutely hideous and I’d much prefer the old one. I understand they want to move on from the nostalgia of the last era, but there’s ways of doing that without letting Star Lily have a go at a logo.

Jacques likes this.
  17. Their love for neon blue is relentless.

Matgo likes this.
  18. It looks like it would fit in very nicely with what we've seen of the music video so maybe how we're seeing it on the cover is specific to What The Future Holds. Perhaps it's even a real neon which features in the video.

I'd be the first to lay into poor design, but this isn't it.

scottkilminster likes this.
  19. Didn’t catch Faye’s question time tonight? Was their any cringe-inducing moments that I should know about? Did anyone ask any awkward questions?

Chris Lala likes this.
  20. let’s face it, it won’t be as awkward as the Dominic Cummings press conference yesterday

Chips111 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.