Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - 6th Album Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Re: Steps Day

Not at that age! I thought all those programmes were actually live. What made it even more confusing was, they were releasing a single at the time.

2. Re: Steps Day

wasn't the single out like 5 weeks before they split?

3. Re: Steps Day

Nope.

4. Re: Steps Day

it was still released 3weeks before

5. Re: Steps Day

Even so. And i wasn't a follower of the charts at that time, so to me, i thought that performing a new single on television after they'd split meant they got back together.

6. Re: Steps Day

I have been having a Steps Fiesta lately.

Baby Don't Dance = Possibly their best song.

7. Re: Steps Day

YES! A real highlight on 'Gold', that is.

Though You'll Be Sorry being left off 'Gold' is shocking.

8. Re: Steps Day

I can't believe that Too Busy Thinking Bout My Baby, One For Sorrow (Tony Moran Mix) and I Know Him So Well are classed as singles! They're down as double a-sides with the chart people thingy. I found out a few days ago and was shocked/miffed. I always assumed they were glorified b-sides.

I don't see why though. Apart from I Know Him So Well, it was never made clear on the cover it was a double a-side, they never had proper videos (apart from the ready made OFS one) and they never promoted them properly. I class YBS as as a single as it had a proper video and was performed a few times.

After my mini-rant, I may as well reel off my fav songs of theirs:

- Chain Reaction
    - Love's Got A Hold On My Heart
    - Say You'll Be Mine
    - Better The Devil You Know (I won't expand on my fondness of this version for fear of repercussions...)
    - Deeper Shade of Blue
    - You'll Be Sorry

And I think I still know the majority of the routines...

9. Re: Steps Day

One for Sorrow
    Its the way you make me feel
    Here & Now

these are my favorite STEPS tracks. Its odd looking back but they sold shit loads to get to positions like #2, #4 and #5.
    Those kind of sales today would bag them #1s

10. Re: Steps Day

Can I say I don't really like Tragedy...at all?

I'm guessing you lot won't care. One For Sorrow isn't a huge fave either.

11. Re: Steps Day

LET THEM DIE.

12. Re: Steps Day

I've been ill so I'm catching up on mah forums. Leave me be.

13. Re: Steps Day

I hate Tragedy too. Heartbeat's nice though.

14. Re: Steps Day

I liked Tragedy at the time, it was proper catchy. I don't have any desire to listen to it these days though.

One for sorrow is infact a classic

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Re: Steps Day

Probably, but if they'd still sell shit loads other artists would as well and they'd still end up at #4..

16. Re: Steps Day

well of course different times different markets. etc

but for a band like steps top end up top 5 these days would be an achievement

17. Re: Steps Day

I do think Steps could do a fairly successful reunion if it's a tour only. They were well known for their tours.

They could probably get away with an arena tour, repackaged greatest hits and a bonus disc of new material or previously unreleased material.

If Pete Waterman isn't interested, I think September's writers could do some fairly up-to-date Steps-esque songs.

18. Re: Steps Day

Oh yes, i can very vividly imagine then singing Cry For You. I think Faye would have to have lead vocals, altho Claire would definetly rape all over the chorus.

19. Re: Steps Day

I'm still waiting for Steps 2 lol

20. Re: Steps Day

I cried on Boxing Day '01.

haha bless them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.