Steps - General Discussion & 6th album | Page 1957 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & 6th album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Her ad-lib in 5678 will always be iconic.

2. I don't think they enjoyed the Sky series. Filming for Steps On The Road Again in particular took up a lot of time during the tour and a lot of the story was hacked to bits so we didn't really get the whole picture.

The Party on the Dancefloor documentary was far superior in my opinion.

3. Yeah a TV documentary would be too demanding, time wise.

4. I’d really like a bit of behind the scenes footage from when they are actually recording the album.

Chris Lala likes this.
  5. MB

MB

Just for the H&Lisa shopping segment alone.

Matgo and Chris Lala like this.
  6. I’d love this too. It’d be great to see behind the scenes stuff from recording, selecting singles, video rehearsals etc.

7. One thing I hope for the next ‘era’ is that they choose the singles run in advance so they can devise and learn the routines better. Scared of the Dark was great but after that the routines were a bit loose.

8. 100% agree. I get it’s difficult with Lisa being away in Dubai but yeah, I hope the choreography is tighter this time around. They are Steps after all.

LoveUMore2017 likes this.
  9. They rehearsed the choreo the day before the video was shot for Scared, didn't they? I seem to remember them saying that in an interview. Some of it comes down to directing, too. They can’t rush all of that this time around. If they can’t all be together, they should have people from the choreo team travel to them to start it earlier so when they do rehearse together it’s only a matter of cleaning it all up and making the overall performance a little tighter.

10. Yeah. I mean even a video to begin with or Skype sessions, I don’t know.

Quimogen likes this.
  11. Just popping in to say Space Between Us is actually a cracking album track

Thanks

LPT, Slamb, Scherz and 6 others like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I still feel this song is horribly underrated. Like, I wouldn't want a full album of it, but in hindsight, on a very cheesy and very 90s album this was actually their best track at sounding mature, and pretty damn great.

breakitdown, Robert, Santi319 and 6 others like this.
  13. I was listening earlier to Stay by Shakespears Sister and started imagining a huge disco-banger version by Steps. Lisa and Faye on the verses, Claire belting out the chorus, Lee and H doing Siobhan’s part. It’d probably sound terrible.

I need them to come back soon so I can stop daydreaming about what songs would sound like sang by Steps.

Deleted member 30181 and Mvnl like this.
  14. H's thirsty Instagram feed is making me very confused

LPT, DiscoRobot, Santi319 and 3 others like this.
  15. I told y'all he was hot two years ago but you were still in your TV HITS eras of hating him.

DiscoRobot, Santi319, 2014 and 4 others like this.
  16. <and_what_about_it.gif>

17. Today I discovered that Never Get Over You is the perfect tempo for HIIT workouts.

18. I discovered last week that Paradise Lost was the perfect track to walk down a sandy beach too.
    Can you imagine how awesome the music video for that track could of been!?!!!

19. Maybe with the sound off.

Deleted member 30181 likes this.
  20. Paradise Lost is one of their best though.

LPT, Starfury, RhythmNative and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.