Steps - General Discussion & 6th album | Page 2116 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & 6th album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. That would be perfect!

jtm likes this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I never rated Glitter & Gold (or Happy) as highly as Scared so I guess I'll have to wait and see..

etienne likes this.
  3. Cant wait to hear this. Do we think the logo is permanent or just to fit the theme of the video or even just a placeholder image?

4. It’s just like when the Tears On The Dancefloor (Crying At The Disco) deluxe edition went straight to download at presale. Management didn’t comment on it or rush the album out earlier than the released date. I think the fans who actually have the track aren’t going to upload it on YouTube etc. So think the track is in safe hands with the loyal fans.

JMRGBY likes this.
  5. There’s seems to be no major leak at the moment still. All the obvious sites either have taken it down or it’s not been uploaded.
    It’s a shame, I wonder if they’ll change their current plan for releases or keep their original plan.

6. It would cost tuppence for somebody to create a vector of it. Fansites have done it for decades!

It's weird that there isn't a photo of them on the cover art.

But I guess a new logo shows they're still evolving and growing.

7. Yes. They've outdone themselves once again this time. The beat resembles a bit like 'No More Tears On The Dancefloor' whilst the bittersweet lyrics and the whole sentiment of the song mimic those of 'Happy'. Mind blown! It'll be worth the wait for those who have not listened to the leak. Dua Lipa meets Sia also if you allow your mind to wander far.

8. I instantly thought of 'Happy' too when I first listened to it.

9. Yeah, I have a decent vector of the logo. I did loads of logos a few years ago when I had a vector conversion app, you just need a clear hq scan and it can take seconds.

Chris Lala likes this.
  10. I agree with whoever said it was like a mix of Glitter and Scared. I would also add a little flavor of You'll Be Sorry as well.

Seanie likes this.
  11. Exactly! Their logo was good but I think it's good that they try to change things.

The way you guys are describing the song makes me VERY excited. You'll Be Sorry, Happy, Glitter & Gold, a little bit of Dua Lipa... Wow!

12. It is easily the most contemporary song they have ever recorded. Streets ahead of Glitter & Gold (which I always thought was pretty overrated).

Also, lyric-wise, I think it would resonate during the lockdown actually.

I guess the new logo "works better for social" as it fills more of a square, which may have something to do with it.

Chris Lala likes this.
  13. Yeah, agree. Great strategy if this is representing the whole album sound. A more contemporary edgier sound, but still dramatic staying true to Steps' crux. Can definitely see the song topping the chart without question gaining tractions from Dua Lipa or Little Mix's fans.

14. What chart? I love steps, but let's be realistic, its 2020.

Stuart, LPT, Jacques and 6 others like this.
  15. I'm optimistic.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  16. I really think you need to look over the forum rules.

2014 likes this.
  17. And the charts over the last 15 years

Rob, Jacques, Blue6010 and 7 others like this.
  18. Thanks Lucas for the reminder. Just went over to the forum rules and had a read.

Telpis2181 likes this.
  19. I know what the chart has been like for the past decade. It's not gonna be an easy battlefield for Steps surely but never say never to a song doing well in the chart.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.