Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 2990 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Claire's favourite is High. Yeah, that song should have been on your solo album, not Steps. It ruined the good flow that 9 other amazing tracks have made...

TMI and actorandlyricist like this.
  2. TMI

TMI

The chorus of High is very My Wildest Dreams indeed.

unidan82 and actorandlyricist like this.
  3. MB

MB

Was it though? We haven’t finished the campaign yet and it’s the best track on the album so I’m hoping for a resurgence!

4. Out of all the tracks on Pt2, it’s the only one I can really see getting any form of acknowledgment from the media and public, or boosting the album sales somewhat.

MB likes this.
  5. I think The Slightest Touch and To The Beat of My Heart are alike, the banger that are more banger than Steps usually do, makes me wonder how are the choreos that suit for grown up Steps. Wrong choreo could hurt the song, and I think that's the reason they just made lyrics video for To The Beat. If ever The Slightest Touch become a single, I think I prefer Steps just having fun in its video, just like that TikTok, without any choreos. For general public, it could be a bit cringey watching them dancing, eventhough the song is great.

Well..., I just wrote my opinion, you all can disagree with me

actorandlyricist likes this.
  6. W2K

W2K

Ok we shall x

7. If there’s a video for Slightest Touch, a nod to the original 5 Star choreo would be fun.

8. Clara, is that you?
    They're called Steps for a reason.
    There will definitely be some sort of chorie for those songs it just comes down to the talent of the choreographer doin it.
    If you want cringe choreography check out the 2nd half of the "Story of a Heart" chorus.

9. I’ve just gotten around to listening to disc 2, and it might actually be better than disc 1?!

And I know most of you don’t like Michelle on Heartbreak, but I love her. The harmony on “the more I try to make you mine” is literally one of the best moments in Steps’ discography.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  10. I do like Michelle on the single and their performance together was AMAZING.

But that middle 8 vocal from Michelle was not it. Sounds like she recorded it while she was writing the shopping list. The girls' belting that out is way better.

11. I agree, it was an amazing performance, but I'd happily never hear Michelle's version again.

12. Well, if you've bought the many different versions, we all now have the Steps only single version of Heartbreak in This City!

13. MB

MB

I do think I prefer Pt 2 to Pt 1 (it might just be because I've not played it to death) but I definitely prefer the after party/morning after to the night in/out editions (bar the performances). Just feel the mixes are much better.

14. I have to say I actually prefer part 1. I mean I love part 2 and having it is great, but I feel the songs are mostly stronger on part 1. Anyway I will just combine them as a playlist and pretend it's like that monster 20+ Celine album that there was absolutely no need for. I love that we are being spoiled with the amount of material they are giving us.

15. Has todays Steptember gift been revealed?

16. W2K

W2K

Part 1 wins for me too. The highs on it are so high.

17. MB

MB

It was a competition on their facebook page to win a pair of those STUNNING silver glasses from the pt1 photo shoot/Something In Your Eyes video/Shein shop for 99p.

18. The highs on Part 1 are much more stratospheric than on Part 2- To The Beat Of My Heart and Something In Your Eyes are god-tier, but Part 2 is just incredible from start to finish (once you leave off High ‘dd’).

AlmostFamous, legacy_jr, Mvnl and 5 others like this.
  19. The highs on part 1 were higher, but the lows were considerably lower, too. I think they've played a blinder by making them 2 parts of the same album. Part 1 has the singles and Part 2 has the consistency.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.