Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 2991 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Really surprised that some people prefer Part 2. I love all of Part 1, whereas 'Trouble & Love, 'Victorious', 'Kiss Of Life' and 'High' are all a bit fillery.

2. See, I feel like Part 1 has a lot of filler, where Part 2's only flaw is High. (And High isn't even that bad, just too long.) I could easily cut Part 1 in half and not miss anything:
    1. Something in Your Eyes
    2. Clouds
    3. One Touch
    4. Under My Skin
    5. Don't You Leave Us Halfway
    6. What the Future Holds
    Even at that, I wouldn't miss Clouds, Skin, and Halfway too much. In contrast, the only thing I could scrap from Part 2 is High, though Kiss of Life is on the level of Clouds/Skin/Halfway.

And my unpopular opinion for the day is that while I like their version of Something in Your Eyes, I don't love it. It disappointed me because it sounds so sterile whereas the original (which is AMAZING) is a bit more bombastic. Basically it's the Cahill to the original's Buzz Junkies.

idratherjack and Adora Day like this.
  3. The homophobia!

4. I like every song on Part 2, to a degree, whereas Clouds, Halfway and One Touch made virtually zero impact on me from Part 1. Hold My Heart and Father's Eyes wouldn't make my hybrid of the two even.

idratherjack likes this.
  5. I mean, given that we all seem to have different preferences among the two parts, it probably means that they've done a good job of providing something for everyone.

Starfury, jtm, Robert and 10 others like this.
  6. It is great that we all have our own opinions, but homophobia is a crime in many countries so...

7. poploz, LPT, -Jay- and 15 others like this.
  8. I've just put my vinyl on for the first time. Has the curse of crap sound quality hit this one as well or is there just something wrong with me? I've recently upgraded my player and this one still sounds like a warped VHS in places...

9. Judging by the reactions in this thread, it seems like they've had some lemons in an otherwise good pressing. You could try to exchange it for another one.

10. Chris Lala likes this.
  11. Thank you! A good meet and greet experience clearly led to me being incapable of not smiling too wide for the rest of the weekend.

LPT, actorandlyricist and Bookwormboy like this.
  12. Almost at 3000 pages. Only a few threads on the forum can claim that. (Madonna, Gaga, Girls Aloud etc)

13. The last day of Step-tember is going to be "A Hundred Years of Winter" video isn't it ?
    Looking moody on location doesn't really scream "let's get excited for our tour" for me.
    If they all love "Slightest Touch" so much then why are they paying it dust ?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  14. MB

MB

We don’t know for certain that the video they filmed was for 100 years do we? Or that they haven’t filmed another video at some point? Or that the next single is definitely 100 years? We’re going off a sticker on an album which we all know could be wrong.
    The Slightest Touch really is the best thing on the album and with a bit of promo would help shift a few more albums and tour tickets I’m sure. It’s pure Steps. Imagine it on tour!

15. Winter video/single is definitely coming but if there’s a video coming at the end of Steptember (which we don’t know) for all we know it could be for The Slightest Touch. I think they’ll be holding off on releasing Winter until November during the tour when they’ll probably get a TV performance if they can do.

In my opinion, a push for The Slightest Touch kinda feels too little, too late, but they’ve clearly constructed a rollout plan for the album so who knows? All we can do right now is speculate.

16. MB

MB

I was thinking about promo slots and all the big shows - graham / strictly / Jonathan Ross are back on, even “it takes two” so there’s a few more possibilities. However I think they’d be more likely to get a slot before the end of October because after that it’s like carnage - Little Mix, Ed, Adele (probably), Kylie to name but a few.

17. SBK

SBK

Yeah, imagine if they throw a curveball and drop a video for The Slightest Touch!

(They should too - as nice as winter is, Steps should not be doing two mid tempos in a row?)

18. MB

MB

Exactly this. A midtempo every now and again is great but 2 in a row!? This is Steps we're talking about - people are here for the camp poppers o'clock bops. That's what sells.

19. Chris Lala likes this.
  20. Do we think that the Loves Got A Hold On My Heart proficy of a Steps Movie would ever come to pass?.....

....nah!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.