Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 3164 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Someone on that page asked what MADONNA had ever done for the gay community.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I mean if it's a 2-disc all 33 (ignoring promo singles) could easily fit.
    A 1-disc will likely be a bit of a mess cause newer songs probably will be favored over some classics just to make sure it's not just Steps Gold 2.0

MB likes this.
  3. SBK

SBK

Over Scared of the Dark?

I think they'll have everything on there. Well at least on a deluxe 2cd.

Maybe not light up the world as that era did not.

MB likes this.
  4. If they do do a 3CD set - Light Up The World better feature

5. Light Up The World (7th Heaven Radio Edit) if they must.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'd quite like Light Up The World to be there. Both to reflect an era and to give the (decent) single a home on an album I'll actually play.
    But obviously if they have to cut anything it will probably be the first single to be cut

7. SBK

SBK

If only there was a way we could manually add to the album if its not on it!

AlmostFamous and W2K like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Not the same.

AcerBenII, Starfury and mrp2910 like this.
  9. I've had my free tickets from the cancelled Manchester show. Not the refund yet.

10. I think I’d even take Track 7 over Light Up The World.

unidan82 likes this.
  11. I've had my tickets and my refund!

mrp2910 likes this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I thought HD would not be kind on those green screen scenes but it actually looks rather decent

13. I love how clearly you can see H & Lee’s heads half disappear on the second chorus ha!

Mvnl likes this.
  14. In HD, it does look a bit... cheap? I hope Here & Now fares better!

JamieHT and djstewartt like this.
  15. The green screen stuff wasn't that good back in the day to be honest, and HD just shows it even more. I'm still glad we have it in HD though.

16. I feel like a terrible fan, but some of these videos are really just not great to watch this many years later. I just got huge cringe from watching You'll Be Sorry. It's really naff and...of it's time. I will never go back and watch some of them. Rewatching them with an older eye also reveals some of the mistakes and other stuff you didn't notice at the time. Like Claire looking thoroughly bored and just getting some of the routine wrong.

Some videos age better, like One For Sorrow, as it's a fairly timeless concept. Thankfully, the tracks are still great to listen to on their own. regardless.

DoggySwami likes this.
  17. I never loved the You'll Be Sorry, even as a teen I thought the CGI was a bit naff. You can bet it cost an absolute fortune to make though.

It absolutely is "of its time" and will forever remain that way, unlike Stomp which didn't have (much) in the way of CGI so could be remastered without fundamentally changing it.

MB, JMRGBY and djstewartt like this.
  18. Why are you guys so cruel to You'll Be Sorry video when actually Heartbeat is exist? I can't wait to cringe to it when the HD comes

poploz, Starfury and djstewartt like this.
  19. You’ll Be Sorry is actually in 2K along with Something In Your Eyes and Stomp and A Hundred Years are 4K so we now have 4 above 1080p

20. I have a temporary Playlist until we get the official thing, whatever it ends up being. It's every single (including Light Up the World) plus an extra track per non Christmas eras, and one unused slot for a new track.

The extra non-single tracks are Love U More, Never Say Never Again, Paradise Lost, Baby Don't Dance, Glitter and Gold, To the One and Wasted Tears.

It flows VERY well if I say so myself.

iveivan, CLJC87, Starfury and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.