Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 3196 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I get why they didn’t, but it would’ve been nice to swap the 6 post-2017 tracks on the vinyl for the remaining first-run singles, as they’ve never been pressed before whereas the others have on the new albums.

2. Should've just went with generic plaques a la Whitney

[​IMG]

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Should have gone with a flying couch like on the Step One video.
    (But yeah those Whitney ones look better and like they're actually real)

yewchapel likes this.
  4. Yes and it really bugs me that the single covers, especially Deeper Shade of Blue and Stomp look stretched out. They look gorgeous on the cover though!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Mvnl likes this.
  5. MB

MB

I just don't like the fact there's no Steptacular, Buzz or Gold. The fact Step One is there 3 times and a random TV Hit's poster is on there twice. It's a great cover, the band look amazing but it's just those little things that irk me - and that the casual fan won't even notice.

Chips111 and Mvnl like this.
  6. I agree, it cheapens it a bit.

I love how the logo looks with the platinum effect though.

7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It really looks like an afterthought and like whoever did it thought 'who cares, noone will notice' and it does cheapen what is a great shot to a bit of a Coverlandia mess. I get that it's nice for the cover to have the frames all be the same size but it's perfectly possible to edit a poster or artwork so it actually looks good instead of stretching it/adding blank space. And the 4 random singles.. look like they started with an idea than didn't finish it.
    (Also pretty sure that whatever's happening is not how reflections work)

8. SBK

SBK

Yeah, some odd choices with so much source material.

I think the Will Young hits collection executed this idea a bit better.

9. It has to be said H’s hair really suits the theme.

Faye in the snippet for The Slightest Touch looks like a green screen so they could’ve done it quickly when they did the cinema scene.

SBK and Mvnl like this.
  10. Panic at the disco new album out 19th August.

11. But ended up being uglier so maybe we won.

MB likes this.
  12. They were!

Mvnl likes this.
  13. I dunno what everyone’s on about with the plaques etc. I think it looks awesome

14. I actually love the album cover, yes they could have chosen more from the original era artwork-wise, and to leave out Steptacular is one serious ommision, but it is a step above and beyond Gold, Ultimate and 5678:The Collection.

dangeleyes and DoggySwami like this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I wouldn't change a thing about Gold

16. The plaque thing is not that big a deal - I get why it irks some of you though.

I sorta wish the single cover was the album cover tbh - I like both, but I love the single cover more. The actual cover would have made a good inlay pic, with the single cover upfront.

The individual covers are gorgeous though and I don’t think I’ve ever been more attracted to Lee…

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Any idea what performance this is?

18. MB

MB

19. bonnieetclyde likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.