Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 3203 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. So 900 of us played it 10 times?

dangeleyes and Bookwormboy like this.
  2. Just listening to the megamix again and had a thought…….imagine an Anti style tour, all the favourite album tracks and b sides the fans want to see live, include To The Beat of My Heart with an encore of the megamix! A bit of everything then, I know it’s not likely to happen but I can dream.

3. Last Thing On My Mind - definitely improved on.
    Movin’ On - definitely not improved on.

zephyr likes this.
  4. Ooh. I love My Mamá Said. I’m going to try not to listen to The Runner until I hear the Steps version.

Dan Molloy likes this.
  5. Do we have a release date for Hard 2 Forget? The little snippet has me hungry.

6. My only wish with the almost perfect megamix would be that they included ‘touch me that’s where it’s aaaaaaattttt’ into Summer of Love. It would have been some next level shit then!

7. It has only just dawned on me

Platinum Collection /Platinum Jubilee

yewchapel, poploz, iveivan and 3 others like this.
  8. Perfectly timed.

Bookwormboy likes this.
  9. I have now done so and I LOVE IT!!!!! Angry at myself for not knowing about this version!

Mvnl and ~Paul~ like this.
  10. Also, Gold came out within a year of the Golden Jubilee.

dangeleyes likes this.
  11. Going through my WTFH and what a nice treat it was to have the live videos for WTFH, Something In Your Eyes and Under My Skin. Hopefully they will have a chance to be able to record some footage throughout the summer tour whether its their own cameras or screen projection cameras to be able to add onto a (hopefully) digital deluxe edition

12. If they’d known, actually, it’s a shame The Ultimate Collection wasn’t The Diamond Collection.

dangeleyes likes this.
  13. Same here.

14. The Platinum Megamix is on the New Music Friday UK playlist! On the last position.

LPT, Bookwormboy, Chris Lala and 4 others like this.
  15. I think I’ll get shot down but I think Deeper Shade Of Blue into Scared would’ve been better without After The Love Has Gone. I actually like the twinkly bits but it might’ve been better elsewhere.

Mvnl likes this.
  16. I’d hazard a guess that Hard 2 Forget is dropping next Thursday

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh definitely!
    A lot of the short bits of others songs are cute nods but do little for the flow.

Also:
    - I don’t understand the choice for a miming clip of Claire’s for that bit when there’s an instrumental. Surely there were other shots?
    - Future’s chorus has a lower volume than One For Sorrow’s which kinda takes away some of its impact
    - There’s a (not so subtle) slowdown in tempo when Deeper Shade Starts which I’d definitely had gotten rid of
    - I feel Something In Your Eyes should come in quicker, probably without Faye’s opening line
    - The transition to Heartbreak is a bit clumsy as well because it just completely switches beats from Better Best Forgotten. I think the Better Best Forgotten bit does little for the flow, especially towards the climax, either.

JamieHT likes this.
  18. W2K

W2K

I personally love how ridiculous the After the Love Has Gone clip is going into Scared of the Dark, in fact it’s probably my favourite bit of the Megamix.

unidan82, Stewart, CLJC87 and 3 others like this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I feel that bit somehow seemed to flow better in the live version?

20. MB

MB

I think we’ve got a bit longer to wait.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.