Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 3213 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I added 9999 of each item to my cart when the store went live to figure out how many of each item were available - I’ve just refreshed and from my rough calculations they currently have over 6000 preorder sales from their own store alone, not bad going in 5 days!

2. MB

MB

Do we know who's selling the most solo copies? (always a fun game to play!)
    6000 sales or 6000 copies? You'd guess that 99% of that will be the 'fans', I just hope they've got some good promo lined up for nearer the release. They've got no gigs from the 6th - 27th August so fingers crossed that gap is for promo and maybe signings.
    Also BBC Radio 2 Live from Leeds 2 day 'festival' is 17th and 18th September, oddly Steps don't have a tour date that weekend... the line up is meant to be announced this month.

Starfury, mrp2910 and JMRGBY like this.
  3. Plus that 6000, if it was the platinum bundle that was 9 copies of the album. Makes a big difference.

4. SBK

SBK

Yeah difficult to work out accuratly from those numbers how many have moved in bundles and how many have been sold solo. But it looks like its doing well.

5. Demi Lovato is releasing their new album on August 19th as well. Very busy day.

6. MB

MB

I think we'll be safe with this one.

7. W2K

W2K

So it turns out Lee did have Covid again which is why he didn’t make the Jubilee performance.

unidan82 likes this.
  8. TMI

TMI

The Jubilee performance was recorded a few weeks ago.

dangeleyes likes this.
  9. Do we assume that it's the album versions on the collection?

I notice the digital download lists the various radio edits and mixes but the CD doesn't?

10. SBK

SBK

yes

11. W2K

W2K

Yes I know it was. But they just said he was “ill” at the time.

TMI likes this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well that's a shame. Unless the emphasis is on 'assume'

13. Surely the physicals will end up having the same edits as noted on the iTunes version of the album. I just assumed that the web store didn't bother to be specific.

Speaking of which, 'You'll Be Sorry' on the iTunes album is unfortunately the version that cuts out the first 8 seconds (which is how it's been since its inclusion on 5-6-7-8: The Collection). I wish Sony would realise this and correct it!

Angeleyes and Mvnl like this.
  14. Yes that is unforgivable.

I also wish they hadn’t cut Faye’s ‘You’ll be sorry then,’ at the end. It would still fit over that ending.

15. SBK

SBK

I believe the CDs do have album versions and the digital version has the edits.

I much prefer the album versions anyway.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I mean, we already have the album versions on the albums.
    Single versions all the way!

unidan82, dangeleyes and saturdays20 like this.
  17. W2K

W2K

I’d much prefer the whole collection to be Steve Anderson’s mixes but we don’t live in a perfect world.

18. TMI

TMI

The single/radio edit of You’ll Be Sorry is a crime by the way isn’t it? The Pardon Mix, it is?

yewchapel and legacy_jr like this.
  19. Unless there is a contractual issue this would be such an easy sale for most steps fans. I think there is a percentage rule on album crossover to count but happily pay 7 x £5 If they included 3/4 Steve Anderson mixes (that are not already/was available on HearThis). Monday edition, Tuesday edition and so on...

TMI likes this.
  20. How so? It's only a slight edit with a cold ending.

Chris Lala likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.