Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 3214 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I’d be surprised if the physical was any different to the digital. Gold and Ultimate Collection didn’t specify the edits on the physical releases.

2. I honestly don't really hear much of a difference.

3. TMI

TMI

The way the intro is cut and the way the song ends.

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah the intro of You’ll Be Sorry isn’t the greatest cut (would still take it over the album version on this collection though, but that’s not because I think it improves the song)

Corso likes this.
  5. Is that what she's saying?

6. Yeah I agree... I think the album will do alright,

Just a thought though, seeing that they've already paid Steve Anderson to do the fresh mixes, would it not be more lucrative for them to release a fresh reworked Greatest Hits via StepsMusic/BMG rather than Sony?

7. Well, that’s what I’ve always been saying haha. Either way, I wish it was still there, it would make it an even more dramatic finish.

unidan82 likes this.
  8. I also quite actively dislike the single remix of “Here and Now”

Starfury likes this.
  9. SBK

SBK

Steve's mixes aren't proper rerecordings in most cases. They use elements and vocals from the original recordings on most tracks...

To release them independently they'd need to rerecord everything, and they aren't doing that when preparing tour arrangements.

Plus they need ar least another 5 years before they can come back with "hey herees the greatest hits again"

dangeleyes and JamieHT like this.
  10. OK very much disagree there! Love the single mix/Q-Street version.

11. The single mix is the ONLY version of Here & Now worth listening to.

12. Here And Now’s album version is so dull in comparison.

Chris Lala, confess85 and unidan82 like this.
  13. I used to think so too but in recent years I realised I was very wrong

BSaySo likes this.
  14. I'm indifferent to any version of Here and Now.

Weslicious and dangeleyes like this.
  15. The ultimate version of Here and Now is the Almighty Mix with the key change.

SBK and happiegoluckie like this.
  16. Splicing the two versions together to keep Lee's solo intact but still get Claire ad-libbing the last minute to death is the ultimate version, even if it isn't official.

17. The intro at Mighty Hoopla. Loved that they opened with Love’s Got a Hold on My Heart. Think it’s my favourite old era track.

18. Steve Anderson is a genius

yewchapel, Chips111, MadameX and 2 others like this.
  19. Indeed, it'll help with the abruptness if anything. I often listen to the album version just for that part

JamieHT likes this.
  20. This is good but compared to the Summer Of Steps opening it’s such a drop

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.