Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 3249 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. The video reminds me of The Saturdays "30 Days" - it's in a food establishment with random club lights and patrons...and also doesn't really go anywhere.

The song is OK...I enjoy the verses but that chorus is a bit flat, isn't it? I think it needs a more dynamic melody when that beat kicks in for the second half of the chorus. I feel like this wasn't the time to sound more modern - something more nostalgic that sounds like the first two albums would have made more sense for a GH compilation.

Martyn, dangeleyes and Mvnl like this.
  2. I definitely hear Claire more in the 2nd ‘I gave it all to you’ section in the video whereas the mix on Spotify is all Lisa.

I’ve lived with the Vincint version in my top 5 streamed tracks for the last two years so it’s going to take a few more listens to get accustomed to the bands vocals but it’s a brilliant track and the band look incredible in the video (Faye is a living goddess.). I also think having more vocalists and switching up the order (Claire followed by H in verse 1 then Lee followed by Faye in verse 2) adds an extra element to the song compared to Vincints version.

dangeleyes, MB and Bookwormboy like this.
  3. W2K

W2K

Video is boring, does nothing for me, but I still love the song.

SBK likes this.
  4. Expose ha

JMRGBY likes this.
  5. The chorus is a bit lacklustre for a Steps track. :(

saturdays20 and idratherjack like this.
  6. The last greatest hits gave us Dancing Queen so we can all be thankful for what we have this time around

7. I forgot about that one, I always think Platinum is 2nd official greatest hits.

breakitdown and Bookwormboy like this.
  8. Well I love the song and I love the simplicity of the video. They all look fab.

9. Steps serving disco-kebab realness is a moment I'm here for.

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Let Charity do Charity too xx

11. I didn't realise it was a cover. I'm a little over them doing covers but appreciate it's a new song for a greatest hits so I guess that's fine. I just think they could have chosen a stronger song to cover, perhaps? I don't hate it but I don't find it very remarkable either. Perhaps the original is a banger, I don't know.

The video is quite nice, though I do miss seeing a dance routine. I hope this isn't them attempting to ditch the chorography in their videos.

It doesn't quite feel as celebratory as I'd have liked but overall it's not bad and they all look/sound amazing.

12. It's certainly going to sound weird going from this to Better Best Forgotten or Loves Got a Hold on shuffle.

13. I think the video is great, yeah they've done better but it's not awful. The song is a grower!

14. Never heard the original so can't compare. It's ok but I expected more. Feels a little bit flat.

15. The song is flat compared to Steps standard, but all songs in the chart are worse, they're all boring and generic. I hope general people will accept Hard2Forget more than us fanbase.

unidan82 likes this.
  16. MB

MB

I actually think it’s a really good modern pop video. I feel it puts them on a par with modern acts and as much as we all want a full dance routine you don’t get it often these days.

17. The song and video haven't blown me away, but I like them both.

18. If Faye doesn’t bring back her bouffant from Scared of the Dark and the rest don’t copy her, I will not be happy.

dangeleyes, idratherjack and Mvnl like this.
  19. W2K

W2K

You’ll get Claire’s shit fringe and like it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.