Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 3250 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Back from work and really like Hard2Forget, as a song and video, but can't ever envisage getting a live performance of good quality of it because the vocals/background adlibs are so all over the place.

2. Have to say the interview this morning was fab too.

3. Have to say, I really like the song and the video.

jtm, MB and actorandlyricist like this.
  4. The song is fine, but agree with others that it sounds a bit flat. I feel like there needs to be a more prominent bassline or percussion to give it an extra boost? Definitely one of the few underwhelming releases since their reunion, but by no means the worst.

5. Came back to say I really really like the video. The coloring and lighting just work perfectly here.

6. W2K

W2K

10/10

Chris Lala, blaze_dave, Matgo and 3 others like this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Justice for To The Beat in that montage!
    (And aaargh at it ending instrumentally so they could talk over it and them completely missing the cue)

8. I'm surprised by the somewhat muted response. The song is a banger!

Faye continues to steal every scene she's part of. Queen of pop.

9. MB

MB

It’s still at #2 so if you haven’t already throw 99p at it. Imagine how happy they’ll be if they can get to #1.

10. SBK

SBK

Radio 2 really did love it over Xmas 2020... I heard it so much. They promoted it more than Steps.

Bookwormboy, Chips111 and Mvnl like this.
  11. I wasn’t a fan of the Vincint version, it felt a bit flat for me so I didn’t have high hope for Steps version. On first listen, I liked it more than I expected but still feel like it was missing something and didn’t feel like it was very Steps. Had it in my head all morning though. Saw the video and everything clicked. Love it! The adlibs at the end are everything I’m wanting from a Steps track. I didn’t even notice most of them on first listen until I saw the video. Yes, it would have been nice to have a more nostalgic song as the lead of the platinum collection but I’m loving this.

MB likes this.
  12. I don't usually follow the dance routines so forgive me if I'm wrong, but the slick the hair back move towards the end of the vid.....did they not do that for Take Me For A Ride?

*Edit* nevermind, they hold their hand to their head but don't actually slick their hair.

13. Yeah I'm a little dumbstruck by the response on here. I've been blasting it all day and it seems to be getting a fantastic response elsewhere.

14. I like the video, but yeah the drag queen felt forced in and wasn't needed. Can only assume they were included to get more promotion.

dangeleyes likes this.
  15. Where?

16. It'd be nice to see that top version at number 1 but when you combine both versions (number 2 at 82% and number 11 at 31%) they're well ahead at number 1. They'll have another couple of good updates before it starts to slow down so I think they could still climb to 1.

Although to be honest they could stay at number 1 all week and they still wouldn't chart because Steps fans are allergic to streaming seemingly.

jtm, Bookwormboy, dangeleyes and 2 others like this.
  17. I mean their fanbase finds the song 'flat'... so that says it all dd

blaze_dave, MB and Chris Lala like this.
  18. Its definately an earworm.., havent stopped singing it since I heard it. This is how Steps should sound in 2022

19. With great pleasure I have maxed out my Spotify contributions for the day.

jtm, Chips111, MB and 1 other person like this.
  20. Well, it is a bit.

But none of the other bangers they've released did enough on any streaming platform to chart either, so it's not exclusive to this track.

dangeleyes, andru, Chips111 and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.