Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget | Page 3253 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion + Hard 2 Forget

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Personally I love it. Am I blown away? No but I still really like it

Love that all 5 get a chance to shine, harmonies are majestic

Agree with others about the adlibs/high note being buried under the vocals But I noticed it’s in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music So I listened again with my AirPods and those parts stand out a lot more

Lee & Lisa shine in particular, Overall a solid addition to the Steps discography but probably wouldn’t have made it lead single

The video is a bit of a let down - it’s cheap. I hoped they’d throw a bit of money at their 25th but Ahh well. It’s also really obvious that Steps filmed their bit separate from the other patrons

Video wise it’s all about Faye - WOW! That woman is stunning

2. 1:40.

Update... just deleted it off my phone and re-downloaded it from iTunes and it's the punchier version with Claire vocal on. Oh dear, seems like someone messed up!

CLJC87 and Mvnl like this.
  3. I'm kinda obssessed with Faye's hair in this video!

CLJC87 and unidan82 like this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

So does the punchier version match the video or are there 3 versions now?

5. Same! I would buy this as a wig and just wear it around the house!

Ok now loving the punchier version a lot more. I wondered why I enjoyed it so much more when watching the video

actorandlyricist and CLJC87 like this.
  6. I'm fairly sure the punchier one matches the video version now - phew!

Mvnl likes this.
  7. SBK

SBK

Lisa's no longer in charge of file uploading.

8. "Just cut Claire out of that bit, no-one will notice, tee-hee"

9. TMI

TMI

On Spotify, it’s still Lisa from 1:41 to 1:46.

Starfury likes this.
  10. Jive handing out vocal shares

LPT, girlsaloudjunkie, Atlas and 6 others like this.
  11. My Spotify definitely has Claire on that bit now. It's a completely different vocal line. I did hear the Lisa version first. How bizarre.

Strangely, Spotify isn't showing any plays for this so far, and that figure should have updated long before now.

unidan82 likes this.
  12. TMI

TMI

I thought I still had Lisa on that bit cause I had downloaded the song on Spotify but I still have Lisa even after canceling the download…

AE611C08-2805-4659-9CE1-7E0F468DECD7.gif

13. “Maybe Claire could lead that bit, or me?”

14. Do you possibly mean mean Faye?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  15. Strange that the Apple Music edition of the album has Deeper Shade of Blue first rather than Scared Of The Dark.

Mvnl and actorandlyricist like this.
  16. I hear Lisa on the first 4 bars of the bridge then Claire on top for the 2nd half.
    It happens on both bridges on Aussie Spotify.
    Maybe it was a whoopsies like the demo release of "What the Future Holds" single?

unidan82 likes this.
  17. TMI

TMI

A demo version was first released for streaming?

18. To a foreign itunes I believe, was it China? Ironically.

19. I noticed that too on iTunes.

And I think that the Amazon Deluxe CD Tracklist is listing Love U More and No More Tears (although on digital versions) these two songs don't appear on anywhere else for the CD. An oversight I guess..

20. Oof, I've definitely uploaded the wrong version to DSPs before when I worked at a record label haha - there are usually so many different mixes and masters going around and sometimes the communication gets jumbled regarding which version is the final approved. Hopefully they used the right version on the physicals!

HolyWater and unidan82 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.