Steps - General Discussion Thread | Page 1957 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by inoculatte, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Better than nothing. The Aussies have been waiting a long time!

Chips111 and W2K like this.
  2. Hopefully React inspires LSL to record some new dance bops

Christopher1985, W2K and Voodoo Child like this.
  3. Yes the Bob Dylan, Tracy Chapman and R.E.M. tour would have been a better fit.

4. That’s clearly not the point.

5. I'm surprised S Club 3 wasn't on the bill.

bonnieetclyde and JamieHT like this.
  6. What was your point then?

JMRGBY likes this.
  7. That it’s very We Love The 90s featuring one member of Ace of Base. I think supporting Pussycat Dolls is a fair move but it’s the rest of the bill (with the exception maybe of Sophie Ellis-Bextor) that makes me cringe a bit.

AllTheUsernames likes this.
  8. Steps fans being music snobs... I've seen it ALL.

9. I was just going to say! Calling the line-up 'cringe' is very rest of the forum vs Steps and this thread.

andru likes this.
  10. Yes, because Aqua, Blue and Saara Aalto for their summer tour was really the Woodstock of this century wasn’t it?

11. W2K

W2K

Don’t forget Björn Again!

12. W2K

W2K

Very excited for Australian/New Zealand fans. What a great night out it’ll be!

13. Whereas clearly it’s better to just be a snob.
    There’s a big difference between using ‘cringe’ as a verb followed by ‘a bit’ and using it as an adjective by itself, but why let that get in the way of a chance to be condescending.

14. Just apologise to Dame Samantha of Mumba and all will be forgotten.

andru and Island like this.
  15. I think it's a great move by them. Other acts who headline on their own but aren't massive would play theatres similar to the Christmas tour - Plain black staging with a black drop curtain. It's great they're going back to where they had their 1st no.1

16. Honestly, Steps and PCD in one night... my OCD would be in absolute heaven - literally two of the most enjoyable groups ever to watch get in formation.

17. Who woulda thought in 2005, when PCD blew up, that Steps would be touring with them in 2019 - after a number-one album, a Top 2 album, and three tours of their own.

andru, Voodoo Child and Chips111 like this.
  18. I wish Tina Cousins was on that tour. She was actually successful in Australia!

idratherjack likes this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I think up till now they did well, setting themselves apart from the reunions of the likes of B*witched and Liberty X, by actually having their own tours instead of 'the 90s party circuit' and doing well at it.
    Nothing wrong with the latter but obviously filling venues with people who actually come to see you feels a bit more like 'we're still relevant'. But for Australia, where they might not exactly do a sell-out 20 date tour on their own, it's a decent way to put themselves out there again, promote themselves and make some cash.

(Please do We Love The 90s in the Netherlands next summer!!!)

20. Since when was Pussycat Dolls music 90s.

ElectricPlatypus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.