Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds (6th album) | Page 2337 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds (6th album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. MB

MB

Surely there must be a reason why they delayed it? They could’ve still done 2 singles before the 30/10. Perhaps they have/had a decent promo slot booked like strictly but who knows if it’ll go ahead even if they did/do.

Chris Lala likes this.
  2. Fingers crossed they pre-recorded some stuff while everyone was together.

Starfury and MB like this.
  3. MB

MB

Well Faye did say they’d done performances plural and we’ve only seen one so let’s hope so. Would be amazing if they did strictly again.

Faye teasing the next single is coming “very soon”. Literally cannot wait.

4. 20 years old today! I remember going and buying the single as it was the first time I'd been allowed to go to town on my own. I went armed with a fiver to go get this and Not Even Gonna Trip by the Honeyz and being gutted Stomp was £3.99 meaning I had to settle with the cassette for the Honeyz as that was 99p.

Wishlight, LPT, TeamSats2012 and 7 others like this.
  5. SBK

SBK

I dunno. They'll probably sell more for being out and active 3 weeks before Xmas.

6. I'm wondering what additional extra version they'll chuck out.

7. Christmas edition with the Light Up The World disc in the case instead.

poploz likes this.
  8. I'm pretty sure Strictly were pre-recording their group dance performances around the same time Steps were together last month.

Starfury, Wishlight, poploz and 6 others like this.
  9. MB

MB

Literally crossing everything for this.
    TAKE MY MONEY!

Starfury, Wishlight, JMRGBY and 2 others like this.
  10. W2K

W2K

Seeing Faye unbox the different formats is making me even more excited (I didn’t think I could be more excited but here we are).

Bookwormboy, MB and Chris Lala like this.
  11. So it's definitely a Digipak album? Do we think there will be a jewel case version?

12. W2K

W2K

Yep.
    Very much doubt it.

Chris Lala likes this.
  13. MB

MB

It’s a shame there doesn’t seem to be solo pictures / more pictures but I can’t wait to get my hands on all versions!

Chris Lala, Lee and W2K like this.
  14. W2K

W2K

I agree...but it does look shiny and new and I was definitely not trying to pause the video to read some lyrics...

poploz, Chips111, saturdays20 and 3 others like this.
  15. jtm

jtm

Faye knows how to tease the fans..

16. I'd still delay til January and aim to get that no. 1. I fully understand the decision was made for them but Claire album was delayed wasn't it? I know that chart success isn't everything when it comes to singles but having a high placed album is vital in keeping their credibility. If the album doesn't make top 5, it will be a bad reflection compared to last time, even though they might have sold more, to casual. Music fans having a number 1 means more than selling x amount of units unless it's gold.

17. I doubt casual music fans will even acknowledge the charts or where the latest Steps album charted. They’ll be fine. It’s a shame that a month or two earlier it would have been a guaranteed top 3, if not number 1, but that’s this year in general. I don’t think they wanted to sit on this album any longer than they already had to.

18. W2K

W2K

The "I think they should delay" chat is getting really tiresome now. They already delayed it for a few months due to the pandemic. Now they want to give their fans some enjoyment during these dark days. Let them and the fans that want to hear it live.

Also, sales would probably be significantly less in January. More album sales in November/December = more budget for future singles and the tour.

Jacques, meeks, AcerBenII and 6 others like this.
  19. Delaying until January is too long, now that we're probably only a week or 2 max from the second single. They've committed now, it just has to happen.

I think they'll sell well, but looking at the release schedule for the week before them, and the same week, I do think they'll potentially be low top 10. I hope I'm surprised, but sales will be healthy no matter what, so I hope it's not a disappointment to them if it happens.

Starfury and Chris Lala like this.
  20. On a totally unrelated subject (which might be a welcome break to us all) I was listening to this today, and is it Steps' background vocals or are they just there for show?

W2K likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.