Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds (6th album) | Page 2413 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds (6th album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Imagine Gary Barlow being the hill you’re willing to die on.

2. SBK

SBK

I think we're all creating a chart battle in our heads here when there probably isn't one. Both will sell what they sell and everything will be fine.

3. I feel like Miley will beat both regardless. I’m gonna be happy with a top 10 position and a great album to enjoy.

Jacques, Burntoutandfalling and SBK like this.
  4. I really like Top 5 but a Top 10 album in a crowded market is still something and for the future of the project it's all about how much money they bring in

5. Looking at the dire state of album sales at the moment, the only people who will be challenging them are other new releases, so I think they're almost guaranteed top 5 at the worst. Their sales aren't going to fall off a cliff from the last album (in fact, they might well be a bit stronger, given the time of year) so they're going to have a really good first week.

I just want more performances damn it. If we don't get a Something In Your Eyes performance, I'll be gutted.

6. I think having a top-5/10 alongside Kylie, Little Mix, Gary B*rlow and Hannah Montana in Q4 will be music to a lot of us "90's gays" ears. Much better than being number 2 to Edward Sheeran based on streams.

I've done my worrying for this era. My 760 formats alone will keep Claire in pompoms for another 3 years. I'm ready to sit back and fan-boy and make GIFs of HRH's every move for a solid month.

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Let's try to refrain from purposely winding each other up please, thank you!

jtm, Island, WhipperSnapper and 3 others like this.
  8. Interestingly looking at Spotify comparing Gary Barlow and Steps pre-releases, although Elita is on 2.2million streams (with the help of Michael Bublé) to What the Future Holds 1.1million. Something In Your Eyes is on 436,708 while Incredible is at 142,406 (while having the bonus of being played in adverts) and This is My Time is on 18,000, while Under My Skin is 333,622 and Hold My Heart is 53,955. It's just an interesting comparative as neither of these two are streaming giants but I would say there is more of an interest for Steps overall.

9. Well now I hope they do beat Borelow after all!

Bookwormboy and MB like this.
  10. Despite preferring bangers to ballads I’ve really warmed to Hold My Heart these last few days. It adds a bit of diversity to the Steps’ cannon.

Corso and MB like this.
  11. I'm hoping it will be as strong a closer as I Will Love Again. The combination of Scared's intro, the cohesiveness The Alias created by reusing beats, claps and little 'oohs' throughout the album and I Will Love Again being the only fade out at the end was pop album perfection.

12. Assuming Steps have a better international audience than Barlow which accounts for this

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

14. LoveUMore2017, DiscoRobot, MB and 5 others like this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I mean... I just finished a podcast which handpicked track 7 as the best album track of Step One...??

poploz likes this.
  16. SBK

SBK

Yeah, that list reads like they've just put them on shuffle

Mvnl likes this.
  17. Just noticed back up to Number 4 on itunes pre orders after dropping over last few days. It has been consistent in hovering around there.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  18. Screaming at Claire dancing like an Auntie at a wedding, Shoes off and all with the guys around her whilst Heidi Montag is doing a performance Robin Antin would be proud of.

AlmostFamous and Mvnl like this.
  19. W2K

W2K

So excited to hear this one in full.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.