Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds | Page 2428 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Kinda hope the excitement of 'Steps singing my song!' makes up for it.

2. MB

MB

I can’t wait for her to play it on her radio one show.

3. From that preview I heard that's how I am hearing it. It's not typically Steps sounding right away. Can't wait to hear the full thing to know what it's like.

I hope there is stuff on the album a bit more like Happy and Glitter And Gold. I love a dark dance bop!

idratherjack, #PopETC and CLJC87 like this.
  4. I love this!!

DoggySwami and RightNow2013 like this.
  5. It’s ‘I wanna be there-e-e-re now’ surely?

6. I like the vibe of the track but the vocal melodies sound off. Some notes clash and I'm not sure if I like it. Will have to listen to the full track to be able to judge.

I just pre-ordered a signed copy of the album. I'm excited.

Mvnl and Chips111 like this.
  7. I’ve listened to the clip once - got to admit I don’t really feel it and felt the chorus was a bit clunky. Probably need the full track to appreciate it.

unidan82 and Chips111 like this.
  8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

That's what I first heard but the 'without a lover' makes little sense then?

9. I want your loving, without a lover, I wanna be there now.

It's not 'without a lover'' in a sad way.

Mvnl likes this.
  10. Sounds really good! Sad that Mollie couldn’t get to release it herself but at least this way it’ll do very marginally better.

MistakenBiology and Mvnl like this.
  11. This would sound great in an arena!

Mvnl likes this.
  12. SBK

SBK

Its a shame Mollie never got off the ground, clearly she had some bangers in the bag, this is the best Xenomania track since Something New, 8 years ago.

I wish she'd carry on without a major label.

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I felt the same about You Make Me Whole last time around.. but at least it seems this one might be getting the single treatment..

Markus1981 and #PopETC like this.
  14. You can tell Mollie is channelling her inner pop princess status when writing this song. It's so unbelievably 00's.

15. 100% with you on this. I love them a little melancholy. More “Happy” / “Glitter & Gold” than “Neon Blue”, I guess. Those tracks just feel more quintessential Steps. Don’t get me wrong I’m here for the odd “Stomp” / “Summer of Love” style party anthem, but something about “Beat of My Heart” doesn’t have the fire of those types of tracks.

But from what I’m seeing everywhere, people who have heard it are absolutely loving it, and that’s what we need for them right now!

16. I nabbed one - thank you!

Chris Lala likes this.
  17. I'm just waiting for Lisa to claim the 'In The Dark' line for live performances and gloriously over serve it.

Lee, Ezz, Markus1981 and 4 others like this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The intro is very...

RandomBrit7, Uno, Bookwormboy and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.