Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds | Page 2476 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I heard she wants all the formats.

Be a good son.

Love,
    Star Lily

2. Pay day for me tomorrow so I’m buying a few more formats :)

3. Me also!

4. I'm loving this album, bit less instant than Tears but that's not a bad thing at al! Singles aside I'm living for Father's Eyes (especially when Claire's voice goes all Robocop before the beat drops), Heartbreak in this City, To the Beat of My Heart and... Don't You Leave Us Halfway. So pumped for Brighton concert now, but Nov 2021... God!

I've also, for some unknown reason, gone back to page 1 of this thread. Wow, this forum was on a different plane back in 2006. A Horror Show!

5. I just bought the pink vinyl and another signed copy from HMV. If you buy the vinyl you get the CD for £5 instead of £10.

(I’m plugging it so Queen LSL can have a rest.)

AlmostFamous, Bookwormboy, MB and 2 others like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well I knew You Make Me Whole was a cover but this particular version's new to me?

7. I just bought the six cassettes and might get the Chalky's Christmas card edition too. 5,6,7 sales.

LPT, Corso, Luc and 4 others like this.
  8. SCREAM Look at all of us basically surrendering our bank cards to them.

9. I am primed and ready for the surprise extra format drop tomorrow - only for nothing to happen

actorandlyricist and Chris Lala like this.
  10. Is there anyone who is buying copies within UK and shipping internationally?

11. I’d be happy to do that for you. A sales a sale!

12. I really think we will get a surprise drop of some sort, Steps are heavy on formats but they've got options - signed versions, digital deluxes, new format drops, new bundles, further iTunes discounts, buy a format to win a Zoom call. With it being this close, I can't see them going down without a fight. I'll be proper disappointed if it stops at a Chalky's Christmas card, I want to be completely rinsed.

For formats as well it's worth checking the Townsend store as well as Steps' official store - despite being powered by Townsend, some things only appear on the Townsend website itself, not the artist store.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  13. Listened once through and while I enjoyed it it's not anywhere near as much of a consistent album as Tears. I think songs will grow with repeated listens but while there are highs here, some of it is quite forgettable.

Disco Down and Christopher1985 like this.
  14. To The One is the one for me tonight.

[​IMG]

My Last.fm reports that my 5 most played artists are:

J-Lo, Nick Carter, Alanis Morissette, Nick Lachey and Steps.

The 90's are never really gone.

15. Agreed - I'm very surprised by the seemingly low amount of praise for it!

W2K, Burntoutandfalling and Starfury like this.
  16. Was waiting for payday, but finally I have just purchased my album. Now it’s all guns blazing and non stop streaming till Friday!

boyaloud, Bookwormboy and MB like this.
  17. I'd be surprised if Rylan couldn't grab them a slot on It Takes Two. Especially as Faye is a former contestant.

18. Are Chalky’s CD with Christmas card UK shipping only?

19. I’m in love with To The One now. But at first, I wasn’t sure. Although it’s got a normal pop song structure, there’s something jarring about the intro. It starts in a minor key, then as soon as the verse starts it suddenly shifts to a major. Very Pet Shop Boys. Now I’ve got use to it, it’s in my top 3 off the album but it has a very odd chord structure on the first few listens.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  20. To the One is definitely the song which keeps growing on me the most.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.