Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds | Page 2483 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Yes! It's more in line with what I was expecting a Xenomania Steps song to sound like. The original song is a bop but I was expecting something a bit more relentless.

2. MB

MB

I honestly can’t believe how spoilt we’ve been. I hope they’re planning on actually putting this on their official socials.

3. This feels like buying Steps CD singles in the 90's and dancing my arse off to the remixes. Loving these extras!

I think I enjoy Father's Eyes much more in its 'Shanghai Surprize Edit' too!

4. And who said that they couldn't sing?

These vocals of the acoustics, man!

5. SBK

SBK

I hope it is, I've got 2 already unsigned.

Get it delivered to a friend/proxy shipping company.

Timbo and Mvnl like this.
  6. Their vocals on both acoustic versions are incredible. Somehow, Something In Your Eyes becomes even more ABBA like this, so melancholy, and Sia's influence really shines through on What The Future Holds. Two of Steps finest singles for me, and along with Scared of the Dark, just demonstrates how strong they've been post-comeback.

7. I feel so happy that we get to have all of this. This fully makes up for the fact they ended up delayed by the pandemic. We’re so lucky!

8. It came down to the digital bundle and a nice Chinese takeaway for tea....
    ..the salt and pepper chicken will have to wait.

[​IMG]

What made it work was the fact you couldn't tell it was a Sia song. I don't need to be reminded everytime I blast that banger.

Chips111 likes this.
  9. As a rule, I’m not the biggest acoustic fan... but that version of Something In Your Eyes is glorious.

10. Seeing lots of comments on Facebook that people lapping up this bundle.

Still not sure they overtake Gary but they are putting in the effort and will have great first week sales.

jtm, LPT, michaelhird and 7 others like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

With this version having the extended version of Future as track one I'm so confused what tracklisting to consider the proper one..

LPT likes this.
  12. The album version is the proper one. The reason Spotify has the single mix to begin is to include the streams from it. Was no point going into it with a completely blank slate.

LPT, Jacques, Chips111 and 3 others like this.
  13. MB

MB

The fact they’re being so fair to fans and allowing them to just download the new stuff if that’s all they want is really testament to how great they are.

Luc, michaelhird, blaze_dave and 8 others like this.
  14. When purchasing the multi download bundle.
    It gives me the option to download all the Night In edition. But only the remixes of the Night Out edition (I'm still getting all the tracks). Is this normal? I have downloaded them all. Would this still count as 2 sales?

Well 3 if I'm including the signed vinyl?

Chips111 and Mvnl like this.
  15. I think the Night Out is only remixes, not a standard album.

16. What a bundle!

Starfury likes this.
  17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

To add to the confusion Something In Your Eyes is labeled as part of the Night Out album when downloading and Under My Skin as part of the 'CD album'?

18. Is it really that confusing?

19. My downloads have the short version and no long version.

Mvnl likes this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Not really, just a bit messy.
    The 'how many of these downloads will count as album sales' is intriguing though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.