Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds | Page 2492 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. The remixes really hit the spot. I hadn’t expected to be bopping to an Under My Skin remix at 1am, but here we are.

[​IMG]

2. The new remixes got me delving into their previous remixes to find my favourites which has ended up with me in tears listening to Tragedy from Party on the Dancefloor at 2 am - I am a little emotional at the moment

WhereIsTheFeeling and Chris Lala like this.
  3. Just got round to enjoying the “Night In” edition. The two acoustic versions are great, and the three live performances were nice to see as well - I wonder if they filmed more and if those will see light of day? My only complaint is that the sound/mixing on the live videos is quite poor to me. I thought the same when they showed a performance on The One Show before but assumed it was a problem with the show since their performances usually have the same problem. Like there’s no bass, and everything is a bit muffled.

I’ll get round to the “Night Out” edition eventually...

Burntoutandfalling likes this.
  4. MB

MB

5. I love Track By Track!

6. To the Beat of My Heart, with credits from Xenomania and Mollie King, does sound like a successor to Hair Down. In an alternate reality I would’ve loved Mollie’s album of these bangers. But grateful that Steps were able to make it their own.

7. Not complaining...

8. It's a good job theres not a PJ secret Santa or everyone would be getting multiple steps formats.

LPT and MB like this.
  9. Bloody hell, but To the Beat of My Heart is most certainly up there with their best songs.

10. MB

MB

Faye let’s slip in that track by track podcast that they’re planning summer dates. Fingers crossed.

11. Presumably for 2022 I guess?...

12. MB

MB

She definitely meant 2021.

13. I thought she said "some more" dates, alluding to the extra dates that were recently added?

14. I wonder if they had/have a summer tour pencilled in for 2021 in line with the original plan? That would be ingenious - max us out with the winter tour and then announce a bloody summer one. My poor credit card.

LoveUMore2017 likes this.
  15. MB

MB

“We were planning on doing summer dates” but it could be “some more” but she’d just mentioned the tour.

I think it’s more likely to be a couple of gigs like a Hyde park with radio 2 / mighty hoopla / a big pride.

16. I’m honestly so happy with a #2 chart placing. I keep saying it, but it still boggles my mind that they can achieve that after all these years.

We’ll go for #1 on the next one!

SinceYouTookYourPopAway and W2K like this.
  17. I’ll just go ahead and get a new credit card now shall I... haha

MB likes this.
  18. we said that for Tears too!

actorandlyricist likes this.
  19. W2K

W2K

I agree. I’m focusing on the positive that Steps in 2020 are still storming the top 10. If you’d have asked me 10 years ago, I’d say never in a million years. I’m enjoying everything they’re giving us and honestly even if it didn’t enter the charts, I’d still love it.

20. My CD has (finally) arrived!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.