Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds | Page 2590 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Steps is a lucrative hobby the past decade or so why would they stop?
    So that Claire can go back to feuding with Wagamama?

2. Yup.

I stand by my statement.

3. Oh she moved on...

LPT, DiscoRobot, Jamie and 12 others like this.
  4. It was actually only the other day that I was thinking about her hatred of watermelon tuna. There should have been a song about it on the album.

5. Uno

Uno

I'd say Lisa enjoys being a popstar the most, but Faye certainly makes it look the most effortless.

Kylemj likes this.
  6. If any of them had a more lucrative non-steps career they'd be likely to call it off I think Claire and Lisa are the ones to be the Victoria Beckham in that scenario

I do hope they keep going in some form, if The Fizz can keep plugging away there's always hope

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  7. Why do people assume (and assumed when it actually happened) that Lisa would be the one to leave? I feel like her confidence and joy of being a popstar must come across as arrogance to some people, because to me she seems like the one who loves Steps the most.

8. Yeah Lisa has her moments, but I get the feeling she’d rather be in Dubai most of the time.

9. I'm largely going off how she was in the Scarlett Moffat interview at the O2 she didn't say anything and was really subdued when they went on the little backstage tour it was a noticeable difference to how she was when getting back to Dubai (although Instagram posts aren't always a true reflection)

She has a business to run and is based in another country, all things that could prompt her to call it day. Her love for being a popstar has always shown through and she's b started as much in interviews so maybe that moment at the O2 was more a symptom of pandemic times than any lingering desire to call it a day

And then how desperately does Claire want to do another solo record...

10. I'm sure that Lisa would rather be in Dubai for the sake of her children during a pandemic, and that they're all just as shell-shocked as all of us are. Lee seems especially affected this time around to me. It's only human. Welcome to the paradigm shift.

unidan82 likes this.
  11. W2K

W2K

Anyway...

To The Beat Of My Heart lyric video on Wednesday yay!

actorandlyricist and Bookwormboy like this.
  12. Can we just enjoy the Here & Now. We are lucky to get what we have the last 10 years. Anything else is an amazing bonus.

W2K, Ezz, Mikey1701 and 3 others like this.
  13. Oh and just listened to the whole To The Beat of My Heart EP on my headphones and just want to go clubbing

14. I just want to put it out there that Lee's line in Come And Dance With Me does things to me that I can't really mention further.

15. I get the impression that Claire just wanted to have said she had done a solo record - performing solo seemed to be really difficult and stressful for her, so I think she appreciates the comfort of being in the 5 much more.

16. W2K

W2K

Him saying "daddy" in Clouds is more triggering for me...

17. Haha totally.

And his "to the one, to the one..." "chant" is like the perfect ASMR! Tingle heaven!

DoggySwami and W2K like this.
  18. SBK

SBK

I don't see why they would stop unless one or more of them did not want to continue. I guess we don't really know what is going on behind the scenes, but I don't think there's anything to suggest that they'll not continue after 2022 - Its just as likely they'll tour and then going away for a couple of years to do personal projects and recharge.

The same rumor went around when Tears on the Dancefloor was released.

I don't think any of them will "leave", whatever happens will be a band decision.

Where has all this come from? One lyric video and we've gone from "what a disappointment" to "this must mean they're splitting up", calm down guys.

19. Steps have said in recent times that they are all in for a Steps project and then break for a few years and then do it all over again. I quite like this as it gives them the best energy and mindset into Steps and also gives them more quality personal time. Allowing them to have a healthier work/life balance.
    And as a fan I like this way as it gives us a better quality of material without being tired or oversaturated.
    No need to worry!

Chips111 and SBK like this.
  20. Finally some sense

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.