Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds | Page 2591 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. It's a pretty much guaranteed source of income for them when we all buy 17 versions of the same album and buy tickets for the same tour 12 times.

I don’t think any of them are thinking about checking out anytime soon.

I could understand one or more of them wanting to leave if it was clubs and student unis for the tour etc but filling arenas is keeping them with an income with downtime in between to do passion projects etc.

2. MB

MB

i think where it all spans from is a string of events and speculation. I've had quite a few fellow fans speculating that something is "up"

Tiny things are being blown up like -
    - the whole not following each other / rumours of a rift between members
    - HRH LSL being "off" in the last couple of days of promo
    - radio silence bar a few management posts about the new single
    - the 'future steps' campaign featuring 4 of the 5 of them 'walking'
    - HRH LSL changing her pic to the non steps one whilst the other 4 haven't.
    - H locking Faye in the amusement arcades in Blackpool and leaving her for dead.

We've been spoilt which is why fans are greedy / have high expectations so when minor stuff happens people look into it with a fine toothcomb. I mean in lockdown what else is there to do but decipher every last fragment of footage and come to the conclusion that it's all over and we best cling onto our 17 copies of the album as it's the last one we'll ever get.

vinegar-tits likes this.
  3. SBK

SBK

Claire and Lee not looking forward like the other three, must mean something subliminally x
    [​IMG]

4. MB

MB

Looking for escape routes obviously. Then again, I'd be doing the same if I was locked in Coral Island.

Dr Pop and Chris Lala like this.
  5. Even if there’s not much point in releasing a new greatest hits since they have 2 already, I would very much like one of them pressed on vinyl at least.

JamieHT and jtm like this.
  6. SBK

SBK

Yeah, as pointless as Greatest Hits are, I would still love one that ties up 1997-2022.

Gimme a ridiculous four LP set in 5 different covers/colours.

7. Maybe Lisa is probably just bored of all the B-List at Capital mentions this era and just wants to talk about Sia.

8. 6. Group shot and solo image.

SBK likes this.
  9. Watermelon Tuna High
    Watermelon Tuna High

10. I do think that instead of yet another greatest hits album I’d prefer maybe for them to get in touch with Sony and remaster/repackage some of their older releases and release them on Vinyl or in some sort of expanded editions.

Maybe tidy up and release some of the old tours and music videos on digital/Blu-ray.

11. SBK

SBK

Certainly think there's a market for repackaged studio albums on vinyl... Not sure about re-releasing the tours, they spent ages putting putting them on youtube, so any retail release is likely to be very niche.

Chips111 likes this.
  12. The OCD in me wants another studio album then Glitter and Gold Greatest Hits Volume 2

I mean I suppose you could take Light Up the World and It Maybe Winter Outside, and the Tears and Future singles, plus these proposed songs from Topham/Twigg and you have yourself a lovely set akin to More Abba Gold

Mikey1701, jtm and CLJC87 like this.
  13. I'd love a nice discography collection - reissues, b-sides, full singles boxset - the works. I don't think it is financially viable for them to do it, but I am a completist and will have anything

poppop and Corso like this.
  14. I don’t think it took them ages to put them on YouTube. They clearly just ripped them from a VCD which explains why performances that are on the VHS are missing from YouTube (ie. Since You Took Your Love Away) as these weren’t on the VCD release.

Upscaling old footage (although a bit time consuming) isn’t that difficult to do these days - I can literally do it on my computer (to a certain extent) it’s not like it’s a huge undertaking anymore, the way it was even a few years ago.

I suppose it’s just if there’s a market for it, but if they are that worried they could make a Kickstarter or something for it and test the water to see how much interest there is.

poploz likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

Genuinely love this shot. It's giving me all the "my favourite band have reunited and they're better than yours" feels. Boxing Day 2001 who?

16. There's no way they are calling it quits despite the doomsday naysayers. They seem to genuinely get on better now than they ever have, they've shown commitment through not all of their singles charting, Claire's solo endeavor, Lisa's Dubai business, COVID delays, ect. ect.

I have a feeling there will be a year break in 2023 if all goes according to plan for the tour this year and the anniversary plans next year, and then we will have another album in late '23 or early '24.

17. If I could have all the videos/tours in 4K quality on a blu ray - I would actually invest in a bluray player haha

Kylemj, Corso and poploz like this.
  18. I would love all the tours to have a proper remastered release - along with whatever of the Steps into Christmas tour H has laying around on VHS

TeamSats2012 and unidan82 like this.
  19. Whatever the quality's like!

20. I had a thought earlier of a 2020 & 2021 without new steps music.... I shuddered. SO grateful to Steps.

actorandlyricist and W2K like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.