Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds | Page 2702 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. MB

MB

I remember being so disappointed at the end of the series when there was no conclusion as to whether they were carrying on.

2. MB

MB

Sorry for the double post. On the Kerry Ellis podcast with Claire she says that they were meant to be doing Summer shows this year to round off the What The Future Holds campaign but they'll now be next year and they've got things being planned that are 'different' for the 25th. She also says that theres more solo stuff in the pipeline as well.

3. W2K

W2K

I can see them revisiting the Royal Albert Hall idea for the 25th Anniversary.

4. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a one-off Hyde Park show for the 25th Anniversary. I reckon it could sell well if they put a strong support bill behind them (Sophie, All Saints, Banarama?).

Starfury, poploz, jtm and 7 others like this.
  5. I hope they stick with some of the original plans.

6. We’ll probably get stuff from this era bundled into the 25th anniversary stuff (ie. Tour DVD that would have happened anyway, the summer tour that would’ve happened anyway)

All I’m hoping for is maybe a new one-off documentary special about 25 years of Steps or a televised concert special or possibly some remastered releases of their old stuff.

I also just caved and bought the new hoody from the merch store. Such a long wait for it though!

poploz, Jamie and Chris Lala like this.
  7. SBK

SBK

It felt like the producers were trying to make a reality series out of it or something.
    That would be a good shout, they could get the Vengaboys and everyone else from that era in for a proper 90s day out.

MB likes this.
  8. I am fortunate that my Mum and I have very similar tastes in music. Every concert I've been to she's gone too and loved it, even when I dragged her somewhat reluctantly to see Olly Murs.
    My Dad basically goes along as a taxi driver and camera man. I'm sure he likes it too, but he prefers my more rockier tastes (we have the Evanescence and Within Temptation duo tour in September for example) than my poppier ones.

Dr Pop, GodsAndMonsters, jtm and 2 others like this.
  9. W2K

W2K

That's great that you've got someone to go with you, at least you're not missing out!

Starfury and JMRGBY like this.
  10. MB

MB

Ha ha I get that but it was the last episode so it could have done with a 'yes we're going to make a 'winter warmer' album which will disappoint the majority of you but just you wait till 2017 when we'll blow your minds' or something similar.

11. SBK

SBK

Perhaps, but maybe Sky were expecting to follow them into the studio to get a series out of it.

Probably for the best they didn't follow that campaign.

Chips111 and MB like this.
  12. Huh. Just heard When I Said Goodbye for the first time in forever.

I didn't even realise it wasn't in my library. I'd totally forgotten they amped up the orchestral elements for the radio version.

Why didn't Sleaze Sisters ever turn this into a poppers o'clock anthem?

13. Out of curiosity, what were the original plans? Does anyone know?

Starfury likes this.
  14. SBK

SBK

No.

When she referred to 'original plans' she was talking about the album being released last summer and tour being last winter.

15. I wonder if the virus hadn’t have happened, whether we’d be getting a part 2 (new album) this year, or it would be it after the summer until next year?

16. I almost feel like making it a ‘90s pop’ day would cheapen the Steps brand a bit. If they focused on pop acts from through the years instead, it could be a celebration of all things pop rather than a nostalgia day.

Starfury likes this.
  17. Also, just out interest - what has everyone done with the badges they got with the Pt. 1 bundle? I really want to find a use for them but have no idea what to do with them...

Chris Lala likes this.
  18. I have mine still unopened/untouched, just happy to have them

unidan82 and actorandlyricist like this.
  19. Turn them into nipple pasties for the tour.

Mikey1701 and poploz like this.
  20. MB

MB

They’re on the one show tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.