Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds | Page 2724 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion & What The Future Holds

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I got the same messages on Discogs. I ignored him. We all need to ignore him.

...I'd kill for those instrumentals though!

Disco Down and Jacques like this.
  2. I received a private message on sharemania too, with a list of songs he owns, I also saw him posting on another forum, I guess he copy and paste that DM to everyone.
    But, I mean, if the songs will be officially released in a few months, what's the point on buy/trade them?

3. jtm

jtm

Hopefully Steps management and Sony already know his name and what to do.

Stewart, JMRGBY, poploz and 2 others like this.
  4. I used to be a sucker for downloading leaks in the past. Now I just have zero interest because it's bad enough having having half an album before it's released due to pre-release/grat tracks (if they're still called that) but to then listen to a leak a month before the album comes out or whatever... It used to be fun back in the day but now it just ruins the whole listening experience. Especially since nowadays there's so little money to be made by artists from their music as is.

I'm happy to read that whomever this person is, trying to sell leaks, is getting the push back from fans who aren't caving in.

5. The full What The Future Holds album and associated unreleased songs have been circulating since at least September last year. There’s a guy on Twitter who was posting song lyrics and cryptic emojis which ended up being the album tracks and some of the new song titles.

6. This sounds like a smart thing to do...

poploz likes this.
  7. SBK

SBK

I think he's been talked to by a few people, and he's not stopped, only gotten worse, he's been banned from here a few times over it.

JMRGBY, Chris Lala and poploz like this.
  8. Do we know if Part 2 were new recordings or left over tracks from the previous album?

9. A bit of both. At least four of the tracks (Hundred Years Of Winter, Kiss Of Life, Wasted Tears, Trouble & Love) were being held back for the eventual deluxe edition.

poploz and actorandlyricist like this.
  10. Is it weird that I had that thought earlier when it came up on my spotify...

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It would definitely be a surprise. But very hard to top the original

unidan82 and actorandlyricist like this.
  12. SBK

SBK

Yeah I doubt they'd ever cover h&claire.

All out of love doesn't need any extra vocalists... Certainly not in the chorus.

I would imagine had steps not split and the song was still written and went to steps, it would have ended up sounding pretty much the same.

13. I’m guessing it’s a big cover version, that is big enough to be recognisable from the title, and possibly the official Children In Need single this year.

Starfury, unidan82, CLJC87 and 2 others like this.
  14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

In that case we'd still have the album before the single though..
    With the title being kept I'd expected the opposite?

actorandlyricist likes this.
  15. Why would it be the Children In Need single? Where’s that been plucked from?

16. SBK

SBK

Thin air.

This thread:
    [​IMG]

LPT, Jacques, Stuart and 6 others like this.
  17. For 97-01 Steps, absolutely. For 17-21 Steps, I feel like the lines would be much more evenly split.

At most, they will perform it on tour. But I can’t see them re-recording.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  18. Is there anyone still looking for Steps tickets for London? I have 3 tics that I can transfer my name onto someone else. I’m coming from out of the country and I don’t think I’ll be traveling anytime soon. I don’t even think the show will be cancelled either. Send me a message.

19. It really wouldn’t. Faye says hi!

Starfury, actorandlyricist and Mvnl like this.
  20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I mean sure.. but we're so used to the original version it would be very different to 'Steps just doing another cover song'. It's not the kind of comparison they would want, I think

JamieHT likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.