Steps - General Discussion | Page 2730 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. W2K

W2K

H has been recording vocals for Pt. 2 today.

2. I’m probably naive to this but I would have thought they would have done all the vocals for the album before announcing what songs were going to be on it. Unless this is for Track 11? Or touching up on vocals?

Chips111, Tony Lamezma and Mvnl like this.
  3. MB

MB

Probably one of the two. I'd imagine it'll all need to be finished up this week or next in order for everything to be made in time for the release.

4. SBK

SBK

Yeah probably all of the above. I imagine Part 2's announcement was brought forward to maximise Graham Norton.

Is anyone still waiting on merch? I ordered a classic logo tee in February, was due early April, then delayed two weeks now we are two weeks past the delayed date - what's the hold up? It's just a logo on a t-shirt, shouldn't take four months to produce.

JMRGBY likes this.
  5. MB

MB

I got my water bottle and tye dye tshirt a couple of weeks ago.
    I won the hoody in the fan site competition so still waiting for that. I expect the “new” merch due at the end of May will be delayed as well!

6. Yeah I find it a bit weird that the tracklist was announced too without the recording having been done - but can totally see why they wanted to max out on Graham Norton - it's been their biggest promo (and featuring on gogglebox a week later was genius) - but it baffles me as what would happen if a song wasn't great when it was 'stepsified'

7. My face mask arrived like a month ago but the rest still isn't here.

8. This is what I thought. Take Victorious as an example, imagine picking that song and then they put their vocals on it and it doesn’t sound right. Whoops!

9. W2K

W2K

It’s really not that weird to be honest. Like others have said, he’s probably finishing off some vocal takes, or adding harmonies/adlibs etc. Artists do it all the time.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  10. MB

MB

I think it’s more than likely that the elusive “track 11” was actually just a placeholder name and they’ve been recording it this week. So the wild theories that it’s a big cover or a reversion of a classic hit are completely wrong and it’s just another track that hadn’t been decided. Or like @W2K said it’s a few little touch ups.

jtm, actorandlyricist and W2K like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah although it does seem likely that the 'yet to be revealed' track 20 or something would be a mix or version of track 11 which seems very random if it was a case of 'we're not sure what track 11 will be yet'

actorandlyricist, Chips111 and MB like this.
  12. Either way I am still excited!

idratherjack, Chips111 and Mvnl like this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I mean.. we're getting 10 new songs.. Hard not to be excited about that!
    (although I must admit Future has not been on repeat like Tears or Buzz or any album bar Light Up The World used to be here.. but I still get my best life whenever a song comes up on shuffle)

14. It also pays an end to the 'an album takes two years to plan' theory.

15. W2K

W2K

No it doesn’t. When they say album, they mean the whole process, not just songs. Pt. 2 is a quicker process because it’s an extension of what’s already been planned, and 4 of the 10 new songs on it had already been recorded for inclusion on Pt. 1. Other elements such as the cover photo and art direction also follow on from Pt. 1.

16. SBK

SBK

Yeah, and they might have had some of these songs for ages - A Hundred Years of Winter was first mentioned in 2019 by Ultimate Steps.

17. I’m a little bit worried that “Part 2” might flop. Having a basically identical name and similar cover art might make some casual fans think it’s the same album they already heard / bought ages ago.

Chips111 and actorandlyricist like this.
  18. I’m just happy we are now having as many studio albums (I know technically it’s more with the Light Up album but you know) and doubled the albums since 2001. My 14 year old self could never dream of this

SinceYouTookYourPopAway and W2K like this.
  20. W2K

W2K

Why? The deluxe of Tears got to number 8 and that was just a couple of tracks with similar artwork. I’m pretty sure nearer the time they’ll be promoting Pt. 2 as well.

Honestly Steps fans are some of the most doom mongering I’ve come across.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.