Steps - General Discussion | Page 2903 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I'm obsessed with Trouble & Love. It's been on repeat all day.

2. Cool ta. I'll look that one up in a few days.

Living in a Lie sounds like an ABBA parody, I live. The olde-worlde author wordplay is so great - seriously when did you last hear the term 'nevermore' used outside of an Edgar Allen Poe tale??

3. Does anyone know the name of the font used for the album title? I want to make my own one using the cover art for The Slightest Touch.

blaze_dave and RoffleMayo like this.
  4. After not listening to part 1 for a little while, playing part 1 & 2 back to back was really something. Both fit together really well and can see why it’s not a standalone album called part 2. I forgot how good part 1 really is though. I think I’ve come to appreciate it more with time. I’m loving part 2 more with each listen.

5. I'm sad that I don't like this as much as I wanted to. These tracks don't feel strong enough to be on their own album. A lot of it is just so samey, but with nothing to make the tracks more than basic bops. Victorious is so undercooked. Oh my god, what a missed opportunity. It sounds like a karaoke backing track. What production? It's so god damn flat.

I think I miss the maturity and depth of the sound and production from Part 1. It's hard to describe, but a lot of it sounds so throwaway and...empty.

I like the verses of Living in a Lie. There's a darkness in the tone that I quite like, but the chorus feels like it falls on the other side of the cheesy scale. A Hundred Years of Winter has grown on me through the day, it's really pretty good. But there is nothing else that's even half as good as Slightest Touch, or any of the singles from Part 1 here.

I hope some of it grows on me still but I didn't expect to be so underwhelmed.

6. Probably something like:

01. What the Future Holds
    02. Take Me For a Ride
    03. Heartbreak in This City - Single Mix
    04. Clouds
    05. Something in Your Eyes
    06. The Slightest Touch
    07. Trouble & Love
    08. To the Beat of My Heart
    09. Living in a Lie
    10. Under My Skin
    11. Kiss of Life
    12. To the One
    13. Don't You Leave Us Halfway
    14. Hold My Heart
    But I'm still so unfamiliar with the new songs, so it would very likely change.

7. Can someone post a list of tracks/remixes available across all formats... I've ordered everything, but nothings arrived yet but ill combine everything eventually.

saturdays20 likes this.
  8. Not the best effort ever, but it'll do. If anyone wants to use feel free. I have so many different versions of the album that I wanted something different and I adore this image.

[​IMG]

andru likes this.
  9. Does anyone know the official name of the remix for To The One? I know it's by Gareth Shortland but he uses so many monikers (Gareth Shortland, Shortland, GJMS, Conway, Sudlow) that it's hard to keep up!

saturdays20 likes this.
  10. TMI

TMI

This is how I feel about Living in a Lie : the verses are perfect, dark, right from the 80s, the part before the chorus is very ABBA in a good way, but then the chorus is … average.

andru, SBK and VivaForever like this.
  11. Well according to the Lee CD, it's the Shortland Club Mix, so I assume the bonus track at the end of the normal album is the Shortland Radio Edit.

andru and JMRGBY like this.
  12. Random album musings.

- It definitely feels like a part 2 album in the best possible way, the songs go really well with the the part 1 tracks.

- I've had Wasted Tears (including the amazing Initial Talk remix) stuck in my head most today.

- Other favourites are Hundred Years of Winter, Trouble & Love, and Living in a Lie.

- Take Me for a Ride, The Slightest Touch, Hundred Years of Winter, and Wasted Tears would be my 4 single picks for this album. But, Heartbreak in this City counts as one, and I doubt they'll do any promo/new vids after the tour so think it'll just be Heartbreak/Take Me for a Ride/Hundred Years and that's it.

- Take Me for a Ride has really grown on me since the video and even more so in the context of the full album. It's gone from my least favourite new Steps single to probably one of my top 5 of their tracks since 2017.

- I hope they perform all 4 singles from part 1 and the 3 so far from part 2, as well as The Slightest Touch on the tour. Obviously I'd love to hear all of the albums live but realistically speaking.

- I'm predicting the album will chart at number 2 behind the Manics (and that they'll finally manage the number 1 spot with the extended edition Greatest Hits next year). Would love to be wrong though!

- Overall they’ve released a bloody cracking trilogy of albums since their comeback.

13. Think this is everything commercially available across both album campaigns....
    A Hundred Years Of Winter
    A Hundred Years Of Winter (Shortland Club Mix)
    A Million Years
    Clouds
    Clouds (Conway remix edit)
    Come And Dance With Me
    Don't You Leave Us Halfway
    Father's Eyes
    Father's Eyes (Shanghai Surprise remix edit)
    Heartbreak In This City
    Heartbreak In This City (Saint Remix Radio Edit)
    Heartbreak In This City Ft. Michelle Visage
    Heartbreak In This City Ft. Michelle Visage (Acoustic)
    Heartbreak In This City Ft. Michelle Visage (Saint Remix Edit)
    Heartbreak In This City Ft. Michelle Visage (Saint Remix)
    Heartbreak In This City (Shortland Remix Edit)
    Heartbreak In This City (Shortland Remix)
    High
    Hold My Heart
    Kiss Of Life
    Living In A Lie
    One Touch
    Something In Your Eyes
    Something In Your Eyes (Acoustic)
    Something In Your Eyes (7th Heaven Remix Edit)
    Something In Your Eyes (7th Heaven Remix)
    Something In Your Eyes (GMJS Poptastic Club Anthem Edit)
    Something In Your Eyes (GMJS Poptastic Radio Edit)
    Something In Your Eyes (GMJS Poptastic Club Anthem Mix)
    Take Me For A Ride
    Take Me For A Ride (7th Heaven Remix Edit)
    Take Me For A Ride (Initial Talk Remix Edit)
    Take Me For A Ride (Shortland Club Mix)
    Take Me For A Ride (Shortland Remix Edit)
    Take Me For A Ride (Single Mix)
    The Slightest Touch
    The Slightest Touch (7th Heaven Extended Mix)
    To The Beat Of My Heart
    To The Beat Of My Heart (Acoustic)
    To The Beat Of My Heart (GMJS Trance Mix)
    To The Beat Of My Heart (Saint Remix Radio Edit)
    To The Beat Of My Heart (Saint Remix)
    To The Beat Of My Heart (Shortland Tropical Remix)
    To The One
    To The One (Shortland Club Remix)
    To The One (Shortland Club Remix)
    Trouble & Love
    Under My Skin
    Under My Skin (Shortland Remix Radio Edit)
    Victorious
    Wasted Tears
    Wasted Tears (Initial Talk remix edit)
    Wasted Tears (Initial Talk Club Mix)
    What The Future Holds
    What The Future Holds (Acoustic)
    What The Future Holds (7th Heaven Club Mix)
    What The Future Holds (7th Heaven Remix Edit)
    What The Future Holds (7th Heaven Radio Mix)
    What The Future Holds (Alphalove Remix Edit)
    What The Future Holds (Alphalove Extended Remix)
    What The Future Holds (Cahill Club Edit)
    What The Future Holds (Cahill Remix Edit)
    What The Future Holds (Cahill Remix)
    What The Future Holds (Edit)
    What The Future Holds (Single Mix)

14. andru, breakitdown, TMI and 1 other person like this.
  15. Not if me and my 176 copies have anything to say about it.

Serious question for those of you who have done signings before. Should I show up at HMV at the signing time tomorrow? Or should I go in the morning to collect my wristband, clear the shelves of all album copies, and return later on?

Any tips on handling anxiety whilst in the presence of royalty would be genuinely appreciated, too.

jtm, WhipperSnapper, poploz and 2 others like this.
  16. WE WERE LIVING IN A LIE.

[​IMG]

Knightr634, andru, poploz and 3 others like this.
  17. My Faye cover was missed from my delivery.
    Hopefully they are able to fulfill it before it sells out

I've also noticed alot of music and film retailers don't actually try to get it for you for release date anymore unless you select the fast delivery option. (So people resort to streaming to boost up numbers? )
    Scratch that last bit I've just seen a member of one of the Facebooks received it in Chicago on release day! That's pretty good I'm impressed
    It would also make sense for overseas orders to be shipped slightly early too so they have a chance of getting it within release week also

18. Just be honest! They'll be thrilled you're so excited.

19. TMI

TMI

My order has not left the UK...yet.

"UPS initiated contact with the sender to obtain clearance information. Once received, UPS will submit for clearance."

I hope I won't have to pay taxes! Damn Brexit...

20. Do you mean the HQ individual covers?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.