Steps - General Discussion | Page 2950 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Being this close to a number one, she would profit from being on it too surely? Even just a tweet or two might make a difference.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  2. SBK

SBK

That's why they've given us the steps only version so we can replace her version now she clearly hates steps.

3. I mean I would much rather have Claire coming in like a glitterball tornado on that last verse and I feel like everyone here feels that is the correct opinion.

4. MV was probably promised a UK No 1 single to get her to do the collab dd.

5. So I caved and purchased Chalkys poster edition.
    Loony bin I do!

Chips111 likes this.
  6. Wasted Tears Initial Talk Club Mix goes OFFFFF!!!! Loving that Dead or Alive Murder Mix intro. The song sounds so perfect in this late '80s time capsule realness. It's giving me little me playing my Kylie and Jason Cassettes on my white and pink portable cassette player vibes.

7. I would kill for an 80’s style music video for the Initial Talk remix of Wasted Tears.

8. W2K

W2K

Steps didn't need Michelle before and they don't need her now. The likelihood is that most of her followers would either only want the song she's on (that they already have) or are already fans of Steps and have the album already. I don't think her tweeting about it would gain enough sales to snatch the #1.

9. Manics are up to #4 on iTunes - plus their packages have been a sales boost mid week. I know there are 1000 vinyls and however many digital sales to be added tomorrow for Steps - would love for them to scoop it.

10. SBK

SBK

I get why they did it, and it was fun. The single mix is great. But yeah, I am glad we now have a proper single steps mix and the vocals are how the pop gods originally intended.

jtm, AlmostFamous, Jacques and 8 others like this.
  11. As much as I like Take Me For A Ride as a casual mid-temp bop I can't help but feel that someone lied to them several times about it's greatness and single worthy excellence.

12. Lucky for us (sort of) their concerts start this Saturday (and a free NHS concert Sunday) so I would imagine a surge of streams from gig goers next week however you would also then have streams for those looking forward to the concerts

13. "Someone" being Topham and Twigg.

Starfury, unidan82, Jacques and 5 others like this.
  14. SBK

SBK

Remember way back when Karl Twigg said it was one of their best songs they'd written.

(I guess maybe it is if you ignore about 20 odd from 1998-2002)

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Didn't he also said they'd written multiple songs for them?
    Any chance the really good one is saved for next year?

Starfury and actorandlyricist like this.
  16. Is there a way to buy these digital downloads and have them appear in my iPhone without using my main computer?

17. Well Twigg did also do Heartbreak In This City which is excellent. Maybe it was that one?

18. I'm really enjoying Take Me For A Ride

jtm, Anjoel40, Daniel L and 8 others like this.
  19. It's definitely been a grower

20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ride grew for me in the context of the album but.. that's not saying much.
    Its production sounds at least finished

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.