Steps - General Discussion | Page 2993 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. I do like Michelle on the single and their performance together was AMAZING.

But that middle 8 vocal from Michelle was not it. Sounds like she recorded it while she was writing the shopping list. The girls' belting that out is way better.

2. I agree, it was an amazing performance, but I'd happily never hear Michelle's version again.

3. Well, if you've bought the many different versions, we all now have the Steps only single version of Heartbreak in This City!

4. MB

MB

I do think I prefer Pt 2 to Pt 1 (it might just be because I've not played it to death) but I definitely prefer the after party/morning after to the night in/out editions (bar the performances). Just feel the mixes are much better.

5. I have to say I actually prefer part 1. I mean I love part 2 and having it is great, but I feel the songs are mostly stronger on part 1. Anyway I will just combine them as a playlist and pretend it's like that monster 20+ Celine album that there was absolutely no need for. I love that we are being spoiled with the amount of material they are giving us.

6. Has todays Steptember gift been revealed?

7. W2K

W2K

Part 1 wins for me too. The highs on it are so high.

8. MB

MB

It was a competition on their facebook page to win a pair of those STUNNING silver glasses from the pt1 photo shoot/Something In Your Eyes video/Shein shop for 99p.

9. The highs on Part 1 are much more stratospheric than on Part 2- To The Beat Of My Heart and Something In Your Eyes are god-tier, but Part 2 is just incredible from start to finish (once you leave off High ‘dd’).

AlmostFamous, legacy_jr, Mvnl and 5 others like this.
  10. The highs on part 1 were higher, but the lows were considerably lower, too. I think they've played a blinder by making them 2 parts of the same album. Part 1 has the singles and Part 2 has the consistency.

11. Really surprised that some people prefer Part 2. I love all of Part 1, whereas 'Trouble & Love, 'Victorious', 'Kiss Of Life' and 'High' are all a bit fillery.

12. See, I feel like Part 1 has a lot of filler, where Part 2's only flaw is High. (And High isn't even that bad, just too long.) I could easily cut Part 1 in half and not miss anything:
    1. Something in Your Eyes
    2. Clouds
    3. One Touch
    4. Under My Skin
    5. Don't You Leave Us Halfway
    6. What the Future Holds
    Even at that, I wouldn't miss Clouds, Skin, and Halfway too much. In contrast, the only thing I could scrap from Part 2 is High, though Kiss of Life is on the level of Clouds/Skin/Halfway.

And my unpopular opinion for the day is that while I like their version of Something in Your Eyes, I don't love it. It disappointed me because it sounds so sterile whereas the original (which is AMAZING) is a bit more bombastic. Basically it's the Cahill to the original's Buzz Junkies.

idratherjack and Adora Day like this.
  13. The homophobia!

14. I like every song on Part 2, to a degree, whereas Clouds, Halfway and One Touch made virtually zero impact on me from Part 1. Hold My Heart and Father's Eyes wouldn't make my hybrid of the two even.

idratherjack likes this.
  15. I mean, given that we all seem to have different preferences among the two parts, it probably means that they've done a good job of providing something for everyone.

Starfury, jtm, Robert and 10 others like this.
  16. It is great that we all have our own opinions, but homophobia is a crime in many countries so...

17. poploz, LPT, -Jay- and 15 others like this.
  18. I've just put my vinyl on for the first time. Has the curse of crap sound quality hit this one as well or is there just something wrong with me? I've recently upgraded my player and this one still sounds like a warped VHS in places...

19. Judging by the reactions in this thread, it seems like they've had some lemons in an otherwise good pressing. You could try to exchange it for another one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.