Steps - General Discussion | Page 3020 | The Popjustice Forum

Steps - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by johnoc2006, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Entitled?? It's literally what they charged people for.

2. But how would people have even thought that it was doable? That they would just meet hundreds of strangers and be close to them. Surely you would have the sense to know that you wouldn't actually meet or touch them. Regardless of how the package was worded. Surely you would know that there would be some kind of distance/barrier?
    Other meet and greets had been done already with those kinds of things implemented. Steps aren't the first people to say no to physical meets on tour.
    Sometimes you have to use your own common sense, and especially in the midst of a tour that's going on in the middle of a pandemic. If they did the meet and greets that those fans wanted it would be a very short tour. We already know that knowingly sick people have went to those signings a little while back.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I guess ‘I’ll just get my ticket and if it doesn’t happen I’ll get my money back’ is a fair thought just as it is with buying a regular tour ticket these days. But also it does make complete sense that you can’t hug them and breathe in their face

LPT and burntoutcar like this.
  4. What I don't understand is how Event Travel aren't forced to refund whoever cancel in full - the package offered now is completely different to what was offered (and to what the world scientists foresaw a year ago!)

I went for the soundcheck option so am spending the most, and no doubt will love it - but if I decided that I wanted to cancel because I wasn't getting the experience I thought I would be at this point last year (when politicians and scientists alike thought that the situation would be a lot better than it is), I find it very strange that there isn't a part refund for a "lesser" experience, or an option to cancel with a full refund.

LPT, Kylemj, actorandlyricist and 2 others like this.
  5. Did people really think that the vaccine would mean that everything would just go back to normal? Covid mutates in the same way that the Flu does. A vaccine doesn't make it go away, it will always be here, like the Flu. Sometimes the vaccine will not be great at protecting against different strains, again, like the Flu. It just happens that Covid is making people a lot more ill than the Flu is.

The situation at the minute is a lot better than it was a year or so ago. People are able to be back at work, to see their families and have some sort of semi normal life, and not be in isolation. Though even in the job I do, I am wary of being in large groups or meeting lots of strangers where I have no idea of where they have been or what they may have. Social distancing is still a thing. It's not unreasonable to understand where Steps and their management are coming from. I mean, Lee has a new baby, they all have kids and families they have to protect as well as themselves and the crew and the tour.

Saying all that I think that at least a partial refund maybe should have been offered at least to appease those that thought they could sit on the their laps while they signed their entire singles and Steps dolls collection.

I really really wanted to do a meet and greet but in the back of mind I knew that this would be what would happen.

6. When meet and greets were announced, there were 14 months to go until the tour. We were very much promised that lockdowns etc etc would help so companies started selling and consumers started buying. I don’t think it’s very fair to imply people were silly to have bought a meet and greet when there was so much time in between them being sold. Nobody knew we’d still be in the situation we were still in.

7. I'm guessing it comes down to what was advertised vs what gets delivered

What was sold under 'Meet & Greet' at the time of purchase?

To be honest if I was Steps I would cancel the Meet & Greet options and protect themselves - it's a pain in the arse and an annoyance but there's still too much risk

LPT, VivaForever, Jamie and 1 other person like this.
  8. MB

MB

We haven’t even been told exactly what’s happening yet. It might be completely fine! All we know is Faye’s said it’s socially distanced but we don’t know if it’s a JLS situation yet.

9. I really don't mean to sound patronising but it doesn't take a vast medical knowledge to know that the first wave of a vaccine and the lockdowns last year wouldn't get us back to normal. I can't even see that this time next year. It's just something we are going to have to live with and we'll all have to adjust to it.

But I agree with Bookwormboy, it all depends on how the package was advertised. The wording of the package would be important.

10. W2K

W2K

Well…you do sound patronising, so thanks for that.

The fact is we still paid for something that we’re potentially not getting. I’m not blaming the group for that, they can’t control what’s happening, and I’m not even blaming Event Travel. It’s a messy, tricky situation - but saying it “doesn’t take a vast amount of knowledge” isn’t helping anyone. A lot of us were living in hope that we could be meeting our favourites again, whether you deem that stupid or not. It’s been one of the things keeping me going over the past 14 months.

LPT, Blue6010, HolyWater and 6 others like this.
  11. You may not mean it to be patronising, but some of what you're posting does come across that way...
    Nobody could have predicted where we would be, it doesn't matter how good your medical knowledge was last year. At the end of the day, people are very unlikely to be getting the product they expected they'd get when they shelled out a lot of money for something. And they'd be within their rights to be unhappy if they were offered a JLS type solution. But it's really unfair to criticise them for not foreseeing this more than a year ago.

LPT, Blue6010, happiegoluckie and 3 others like this.
  12. That second Glasgow date of the tour is not looking too good in terms of selling, do we think there is a possibility of it being cancelled due to low ticket sales?

13. Anyone saying “I don’t want to sound patronising but…” is immediately going to follow that sentence up with something incredibly patronising.

14. Well I apologise, it honestly wasn't my intention.

JamieHT likes this.
  15. At least I can mark off the “arguing about covid” space on my Steps thread bingo card.

16. It's more likely they'll just close off levels 2 and 3 and move everyone to the front at this point. This would be a vast improvement for anyone who bought upper tier tickets anyway, it's such a crap venue for music. Take That sounded like they'd recorded their vocals in the loo the night I went...

17. I'm not saying that at Meet and Greets we should be able to lick their faces (though with Lee it is tempting...) but Covid is never going away, it's here like flu...so we can't keep just distancing for the rest of our lives. I'm not saying they should do it this time, especially with Lee's newborn baby but at some point we have to stop all distancing and accept the reality it's always going to be a part of us and let's move on.

18. These are a fantastic set of photos!

19. Why do Faye’s legs look so long compared to the rest of her!? Must be the angel the photographer chose

20. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

She put her phone upside down like Lisa said on instagram?

Claire looks completely off when it comes to perspective

unidan82 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.